Any Ideas on what this lump on my penis is? This just recently showed up and im a virgin

Posted , 12 users are following.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

since when is that there ?

• Posted

it just showed up earlier last week as a smaller bump, it started to concern me as it got bigger

• Edited

how good is your personal hygiene? Do you shower everyday and put on fresh laundered underwear?

Next to the lump you have an ingrown hair - the lump is certainly related to potential poor hygiene.

Get yourself some LIQUID antiseptic a dab a little of it neat onto the lump 3 or 4 times a day for 3 or 4 days, when it starts to dry out apply 1 or 2 times a day until it is completely healed ....

• Posted

Dear Eric,

It's just a boil (pimple) on your penis. Do you have an underlying medical condition, like diabetes? Boils and other skin infections are more common in diabetics.

1. Treat or improve your diabetes management (if you have this)
    2. Improve your personal hygiene- wash genitals with soap and water twice a day
    3. Apply antiseptic (e.g. Savlon) or antibacterial (e.g. Fucidin) cream twice daily for a week or until it resolves. Don't be tempted to pop it with a needle or squeeze it.

Rgds,

Adhari.

• Posted

i had a lump which i did try pop and needle it which was so very stupid and its been a lump for a few weeks i think its worse but im going to try antiseptic savlon hopefully works because im unconfident with myself at the moment

• Posted

can i use any antiseptic cream ?

• Posted

Yep, boil/spot.

• Posted

help. i have the same problem dude is having. you say it is a boil? do they ever go away? i got one on my shaft and its been their for like 2 weeks im freaking out fr.

• Posted

If it's a regular spot or boil, then I doubt it would last much more then that. Unless it got infected by picking. Same as anywhere else on the body.

Otherwise you may be best to start a new thread with your example if you haven't already.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.