Any ideas what’s wrong?

Posted , 1 user is following.

My fingers have been like this in varying degrees since the beginning of November last year . It started off with what was a little lump on the joint of the first finger .

There was a very quick improvement when i was prescribed Nifedipine at 5mg. The GP made referrals to rheumatology, dermatology and..i cant remember which other dept .

A few (2/3) weeks later the GP advised taking Nifiedipine as a modified release at varying times as that's what rheumatology had recommended .

Earlier this week i contacted the practice since it had deteriorated a lot again . A different GP said to return to the original dose .

I don't actually know what's wrong. Its impossible to straighten either finger or to use that hand for almost anything (holding anything from a pencil to a shopping bag or locking/unlocking the door ..many other things )Its not particularly painful , but very stiff . The back of both fingers feels like there's a rubber band that's so tight it's about to snap when i try to straighten it .

image image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

update

it has continued and now my right hand looks like this . image

Am continuing to take nifiedipine but no improvement.

Its not painful usually but is awful to look at. Theres difficulty in moving & using the joints in the affected fingers due to severe stiffness . ie -I can't hold a mug , chop vegetables with that hand, or unlock the door with it .

I'll be seeing a gp in the coming weeks regarding other tests etc and would appreciate any advice on what else could be done to improve tge state of my hand .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.