Any Long Distance Runners With LPR Out There?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am interested in hearing your journey or story on running and being diagnosed with LPR. Prior to being diagnosed do you feel that running influenced your LPR in any way? Meaning as you think back prior to diagnosis what symptoms did you have and did running make them worse or better?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Running always depends. If I hadn't eat as much before running in other words if I had eaten like 3 to 4 hours before when my symptoms are not present it dont affect as much but when my symptoms are present yess it affect my running bcoz I have to continue clear my throat and cough so its frustrating. 
  • Posted

I was running 10k before and during my LPR episodes (not sure if you class that as long running?).  I gave it up after I read that the 'jarring' action of running can affect LPR. 

Now, I don't know if it was giving up running (and taking up yoga) that cured me eventually, but I was trying EVERYTHING under the sun to get ride of my LPR as well - diet, alkaline water, etc.

I have been LPR free for quite a few months now.  I've had a couple of runs since, but generally tend to do long distance, fast walking on an incline on a treadmill these days.  I'm sure I'll get my confidence back, but I am not risking it just yet! ;-)

• Posted

Hi Suze, 10 K is certainly long term. May I ask you, before you were diagnosed with LPR what were your LPR symptoms after you came back from a run? Also, are you taking any meds?
    • Posted

Hi Alex,

did Suseq ever get back to you?

Not very many have "cured" their LPR...but I can grasp a tad why yoga could help the LES. Very similar to taiji..if deep breathing was within her yoga drill...Claudio

• Posted

Many who eventually either give up the fight or win the fight..no longer post....

irrelevant....not 230lb...he says 260lbs...hall of fame says 272lbs

Decon, Lamar, Merlin, and Rosie....Decon passed away a short while ago...never heard much about Lamar, Merlin of course..TV series, and Rosie becoming a "minister"...all four "good guys" IMO...today cannot find another foursome with the "character" of these guys....claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.