Any meds to combat anxiety FROM Citalopram?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Took Citalopram 10mg for 10 days but wasn't for me as it caused me dreadful anxiety (I know it takes time and was on it successfully for years) so stopped last Wednesday.

A week on and I'm still full of anxiety- is there any medication I can take to counter the anxiety while it either gets out of my system or to help me 'break the cycle' of anxiety?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi, the dr can prescribe meds such as diazapam or propranalol for the short term. you can take these alongside the citalopram til the anxiety wears off too if you'd like try carrying on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.