Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Has anyone else had the steroid injections would love to hear your views

Thanks Jude

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi jude

was just wondering where you are having injections

i live in wales and have just been offered a nerve block in royal glam without even seeing consultant my mri showed problems but i am wondering wether or not to go ahead without seeing consultant

• Posted

Hi

I am having them in the POW, what is the difference between the two injections, I haven't seen a consultant either only an Muscular Skeletal woman, my GP suggested I went private to see a consultant, after having to pay for MRI private, Iwill have to think about that one, not to sure weather to go ahead with injections or not can be quite tricky I've heard in the spine, how about you.

Jude

• Posted

Hi again Oscar

Just read your notes again, don't know if your saw my notes on my MRI, but mine is osteo athritis of the lower spine and herniated disc L4/5, are you going to physio with yours?

• Posted

hello

i'm new to the site just happened to see your post while i was browsing the web,I've got a prolapsed disc i've had trouble with my lower back for about 10 years,i've had 3 steroid epidural injections so far,i had the first then 3 months later i had my second and 6 months after that i had my third im now awaiting my forth,to be honest the first seemed to help for a while but the other two were a waist of time,im only keeping on with them in the hope that it might work \"the next time\" as im fed up with stuffing myself with all sorts of tablets daily

dean

• Posted

hi judith and dean think you have to go to ortho clinic to have the injections the nerve block stops the pain its like an anesthetic into the nerve and by what i,ve seen(with clients) seems to work pretty good at stopping the pain the other steroid injection is to reduce inflammation and to aid recovery i,ve not had any experience of seeing anyone whos had that injection so cannot comment, but i suppose anything is worth a try. the best of luck to you both.gail
  • Posted

hi jude

i have problems with 3 discs in lumber region

mri showed 1 large rupture 1 bulging and 1 athritic

physio said they could do nothing and that i needed to see consultant

thats why i was shocked to have appointment for injection

waiting for phone call from hospital to explain it all

take care

• Posted

Hi Judith,

I had facet joint injections back in March for Sciatica in left leg and I was unable to sleep as every time i turned over the pain in my back woke me up. The injections helped the back pain but not the pain in my ankle and leg, i was able to sleep again but that was in March they lasted about 3 months for me but my consultant said everyone's different some people they work for and some they don't, since then I am now off work again as the pain is really bad in my back and ankle, I am currently being treated by a Chiropractor but am getting worse?? not sure whether it's the condition or the Chiropractor?? Was offered surgery but was making some improvement so Consultant decided I didn't need it but said I could have some more injections if it flaired up again. Will keep up with the Chiropractor and if no joy will go back to consultant for more facet joint injections. Hope you feel better soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.