Any new treatments in countries outside of America?

Posted , 8 users are following.

there just has to be something somewhere that can help us with CFS . I'm an American and yet I feel that we are so far behind in holistic health and therapy. In fact....here it's not acknowledged by the medical field. I'm 68 but I've always worked out. aerobics helps my depression. I'm at the point now where I feel like crap anyway so why not exercise. What saves me is my work. I assist patients I need obtaining resources for mental health. And I can work from home and no one sees how badly I feel. I'm just venting. Just nice to have a platform where you can be understood.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I completely understand how you feel, Sheila. I've had CFS since I was in my early 30s and now am in my late 50s. My part-time teaching position along with raising one child helped get me through the years and have some normalcy in my life. I'd been doing much better and them menopause through me for a loop, as my condition seemed to get worse and even less predictable. It's hard to believe that there are still no answers as to what causes this debilitating illness and very few treatments. I've started hormone replacement and find that it helps some. Even though it is hard to find the strength to exercise, I do find that it helps with depression and anxiety, as long as I don't over-do it! I have heard of LDN (as suggested by another poster), but haven't found a doctor willing to try it. Best of luck to you 😃 KPD

• Posted

Thank you KPD for responding. I'll definitely look into those treatments. I can't imagine how you have suffered for so many years....working and raising a child. I was 64 when I first got CFS. Have you heard of the book " When sleeping beauty wakes up?" The author is Patt Lind-Kyle. She was a therapist when CF knocked her on her ass.

• Posted

Hi Shelia,

Luckily, I've had periods in my life when my condition was manageable, but over-all, it really has changed. The hardest part is never knowing from day to day how I'm going to feel, so it makes it hard to make commitments.

That's crazy that CFS hit you at age 64! What are your symptoms? I've never read the book you suggested. Will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip 😃 KPD

• Posted

Hi Sheila nay be there exists an alternative treament that can be effective in treating ME/CFS. people are sceptical about to try anything new. I hope you will find something to help you get better.

• Posted

their is options but people do not appear to be willing to try the most basic one proper diets no this is not for weight loss but to cut out all the chemical and toxins that is the modern day diet.

I have posted this in few other threads people I have guided with cfs/fibro to diets like carnivore have seen massive improvements but most people will refuse to do these.

If you feel like crap how can you exercise that is the opposite to what cfs people can do they feel awful and wouldnt even be able to do that.

• Posted

Hi sheila_64922,

Have you ever had an igG blood test? It's a test where they take a small amount of your blood (a pin prick to the finger) and then test for food intolerance. A friend of mine had this and then stopped eating the foods she was intolerant to and 18 months later, her CFS/ME was almost gone (she'd had CFS/ME) for a number of years before that.

Can you give an example of what you eat (main meals and snacks) and what you drink on an average day?

• Posted

Better of doing elimination diet then paying out for this test which doesn't really give true picture.

Good for your friend I suggest this to people sort out diet then look into sleep once both are corrected very high % of people get so much better but as stated before people don't want to do this and then wonder why they are still ill.

• Posted

I disagree, I had tried doing elimination diets for ages before trying an igG blood test and never had any good or reliable results from them. I think it was one of the best £150 I've spent regarding my CFS and general health as the results from the test have really helped me. I had the test done and then had an appointment with a nutritionist directly afterwards to discuss my results. She recommended several supplements to take for 3 months based on the results/vitamins I was lacking in my body. I took these and removed the foods from my diet as the test showed and my health has significantly improved since doing so.

I do agree on looking into your diet as a whole though. Sadly, I have non-restorative sleep, so I can't really 'look into' my sleep any more than I already have.

• Posted

Sorry to say you did the diet incorrectly then which is very common mistake.

I am glad your health has improved.

Straight away nutritionist and then supplements recommended flags up that you had not been eating a correct diet if you had been you wouldn't need to take anything extra unless you was like an athlete which you clearly are not.

Non restorative sleep will be fixed over time with correct diet.

If you have had big improvements as stated it shows again so many people are misdiagnosed with CFS it is lifestyle/diet that is the problem which is the results I have seen with large % of people I see.

Out of interest what was your igG results and the diet/supplements you was put on?

• Posted

It was done correctly. Just because it didn't work, it doesn't mean it wasn't done correctly. My diet has been tailored to varying health problems I've had over the years. Other than the information I've given on here, you don't know anything about my other problems or diet, so you can't just say that I'm wrong with anything and everything just because you disagree with what I'm saying.

My main health issue is that I've had CFS for about 12 years, so treating that is my main priority. I started using a mouth spray of B12 about a year and a half ago, and after doing so for 2-3 months, I noticed an improvement in my energy levels. The biggest improvement in my CFS has been since I became a vegan. I didn't become a vegan for health reasons, but I would have done so if someone had suggested trying it before to help with CFS. As you seem to be so 'up to date' with healthy diets, I can only assume you are vegan, as although I went vegan for the animals, a vegan diet is also much healthier than a diet including meat and dairy.

The test said I had an intolerance to cashew nuts and a particular type of yeast.

• Posted

This is old post I know but I had to comment because you are either lying or just not well educated on the subject which is not a surprise you are Vegan after all.

Tailored in what way please describe this?

I go by science and what I have seen result wise in my clients plus others which share data with each other.

Veganism is not a diet it is a cult or ideology it has nothing to do with health or nutrition but compared to the modern day diet you would see positive results short term long term it has terrible impact on ones health this is a fact official statistics are 85%+ need to stop this way of living due to drastic health decline (I have seen this myself first hand it truly is horrible to witness)

I am not vegan you may realize this already but I have tried that way of eating for over a year I wont suggest anything or speak about it unless I have tried it or looked into all the science etc myself.

You are advising people on false information their is no evidence of Meat/Dairy being unhealthy it's the opposite Meat is a super food it is what our species was built one N15 isotope testing has proven this and so has evidence of people with diseases diabetes, cfs becoming far better even reversing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.