Any of these symptoms sound familiar ? :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

So the last 3 years have been frustrating for me.. I've got symptoms and no medical professional believes me or is willing to help so I'm coming on here to see if anyone is familiar with any of this.. I've posted this in a few different sections after doing a symptom check

Symptoms from the start

Red face mainly cheeks and nose - diagnosed by doctor as rosacea and issued with creams. 3 years ago 

Patches of skin on face pigment change - two on forehead and one large on cheek and under chin - visible when I've been in the sun and dies down over winter - diagnosed with vitiligo by first dermatologist and then when it faded was told it wasn't by two further dermatologists. 2.5 years ago 

Skin also bronzing more than rest in one big patch on my chin

Dry skin - all over body but more so on face, forehead and scalp - diagnosed with atopic eczema.

Spots - always seem to be fighting whiteheads and particular ones come back in same place

Stiff joints - hands losing grip and stiff/tender most days I do have the odd days were it feels fine. Feet when I wake up I feel tenderness when I first start walking downstairs. Doctor diagnosed over use which I didn't agree with, X-ray showed nothing - Happening 18 months 

Ears ringing - only noticeable in the morning when I wake up or sometimes late at night - happening over last 6 months 

Hair thinning - losing an alarming amount of hair and it seems to not be male pattern boldness. Also so much scales falling out, can be fine before bed and then like a snow storm when I wake.

Elevated iron levels - almost diagnosed with hemacromatosis and then has a normal test and told it wasn't and may be a food sensitivity 

Finger nails - starting to gain pits, dents and often have white patches - happening over last 12 months 

Eyes - it takes me a good few minutes to be able to open my eyes in a morning, they feel so heavy and it's not a case of simply opening them anymore. Been happening for about 4 months

Memory loss - now this is becoming an issue as I'm forgetting a hell of a lot recently and it just seems to be getting worse and it can be forgetting the simplest of things

Toilet issues - very broken stools, seems to be better when I haven't consumed gluten. 

Tired - most of the time and sleeping pattern always changing and often develop stighs on my eyes 

Sun sensitivity - exposure to sun can bring me out in spotty rash either side of my nose under my eyes and also a patch on my arm starts to tingle and form a rash - can be like a butterfly type - I used to have no issues with the sun. I was one for tanning very easily 

Anxiety - always had it but it's just got worse, I've worked hard the last few months to snap out of it and that has helped massively but the symptoms above do not subside

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Blimey, you poor thing sad

I have Psoriatic Arhritis and was only diagnosed in 2014 despite having had symptoms for about 12 years. The symptoms differ from person to person, some of yours I recognise. It's not easy to diagnose and it should be done by a Rheumotologist. 

First questions I have are..

Have you had your vitamin D levels tested. Mine was very low and that can result in some of the symptoms you describe? Look up Vitamin D deficiency on here.

Have you seen a Dermatologist or referred to see one?

Have you seen a Rheumatologist or referred to see one?

Have you seen a dietician, the only way to really tell if you a have a sensitivity is to do an elimination diet?

Have you been tested for coeliac disease?

Sue

• Posted

Hi Sue

I've been referred to a rheumatologist and he referred me to hematology due to my elevated iron levels and he wasn't convinced it was arthritis 🤔 Things have got worse since then.

I've also been to the dermatologist and been diagnosed with atopic eczema and dermatitis and then vitiligo.. my visits were very frustrating as they were very dismissive.

Celiac has been tested once and I believe I had a B12 test. As for D I haven't been tested but I'm having sunlight issues so wasn't sure if D was an issue. I did do a gluten free diet but my doctor told me that if I didn't have stomach ache from breads etc I didn't need to be on one. 

Bad day today, itching all over and raised spots under my skin in places and lots of inflammation. I took a new multivitamin yesterday and I think it has caused havoc 😢

• Posted

Hi Lee

Gosh you are having a rough time,  have you seen a rheumatologist? If not, ask for a referral.  So many things can be confirmed or ruled out by simple blood tests such as Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus,  which I suspect may be your problem.  Keep banging on your GP door. You certainly need a diagnosis and treatment from rheumatology and/or dermatology. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Sheila

Yes I've been to rheumatology and they thought I had hemacromatosis but then I had a blood test and it was normal one  instead of the usual elevated iron levels.

I'm at my whits end, I keep meaning to go the doctors but I when I dial the number I just think what's the point and end the call. I'm just trying to research as much as I can and hopefully go the doctors with something they can at least consider

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.