Any on buspar??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on buspar for a week and 2 days.. The first 5 or 6 days I was fine.. Now I keep getting random dizzy spells.. Its more like I have to refocus my eyes when I get dizzy.. But the dizzy spells have brought out more anxiety.. I need new glasses, so it maybe that too, but I know dizziness is also a common side effect of these pills.. It gets much worse with heat and especially when I get up quickly (i know that part is probably just the blood rushing)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hopefully, someone will pop on with some answers. My family doctor wants to give me those meds, but I haven't accepted them. It would be great to hear how they affect other people. Have they helped you with anxiety at all? Dizziness is one of my anxiety triggers, so I'm skeptical with any medication. I hope this passes for you, and is just part of the start up.

• Posted

I've been on it for 9 days. I started feeling great on day 3, followed by a horrible few days. Then back up, back down. Its been a roller coaster of a week to out it mildly. Do i notice a difference? Yes definitely, I just hope when it finally builds in my system that it will start giving me all the good days with many less bad days.. I'm averaging about one good day every 2 right now.

• Posted

Never got dizzy from buspar, nor did my friend. You sure this is a dise effect and not just a coincendence?
    • Posted

Not sure, it didn't really happen the first few days, so maybe the anxiety just trying to make me worry about something else since I don't really want to worry about my heart anymore.. Come to think of it, it very well might be just anxiety attacks because I wasn't feeling dizzy until they day I day up quick and felt like the floor was moving underneath me (during my bad panic attack a few days ago)

• Posted

If you continue to feel dizzy,then call your doc,and they may switch the med. This may not be the one for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.