Any one else getting spots

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies

im in peri and one of the things i am getting is spots on my face

im 45 and didnt have spots as a child they dont contain puss just water they remind me of cold sores but i have has them tested and they are not cold sores

has anyone got them i have tried lots of medication but nothing helps

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi lisa - it might be rosacea - there are different types - do you get facial flushing as well? a dermatologist would have to diagnose it - many menopausal woman get it - me included

• Posted

I had these at the very start of peri. Just loads of hard red painful lumps on my cheeks and on my jawline. I threw every spot / acne remedy known to man at them with no avail. I had the mirena coil and after that was replaced (after 4.5 years rather than 5) things settled right down ... which then led the docs to decide it was down to the start of peri-menopause (I was 39). Now if I get anything similar I know its time to get my Mirena changed. (BTW I'm now on HRT and I still only get these spots when my Mirena is due a change).

• Posted

i did think it was hormones as i get them in waves not all the time

im going to try the serum another lady mentioned first ans see if that helps if not i will make an appointment with gp

can i ask did you gain weight with the coil as i am constantly battling my weight and at the minute i am winning that battle

• Posted

I wouldn't say I gained weight because of it, but I do think it makes it harder to lose weight. I've gained the typical menopause weight around my middle over the last year certainly, however, this could well be managed by exercising more etc but as I also have ME and fibromyalgia this isn't an option for me.

I had my first Mirena in 2007, well before I started peri, and I don't think I had any real weight gain until the last year or so.

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

I ended up seeing my GP as otc remedies weren't working for my spots. I used to get them as a teenager on my chin, right before I was due my monthlies. Since entering peri I get exactly the same. My GP prescribed a higher strength hydrocortisone cream and it works a treat in a short space of time.

I also have a mirena fitted. Struggling desperately with my weight. I was also recently given a short course of low dose HRT for other peri / menopausal symptoms and my weight went up scarily quickly even though my eating hadn't changed. I can't seem to shift that extra weight now either.

Feels like you're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Suffer the symptoms of menopause or suffer the side effects of the treatments to get you through it. Ahh, the joys of womanhood! 😂

• Posted

Try some niacinamide followed by a good moisturizer. Can't say the brand without getting my post deleted, but it's very cheap to buy on its own if you google it.

• Posted

Forgot to mention azelaic acid is another one that is very good for spots. If you read reviews for either you may get a sense of which one could work for you. Testing out on a small area first is advised and if you feel especially sensitive, mix it with your moisturizer first. Both azelaic acid and niacinamide can be drying, but I found that easier to deal with than spots!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.