Any one had double vision rectified?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have an overactive thyroid ,which is on a level at mo,i also have thyroid eye disease.I have had intravenous steroid treatment then developed double vision, i had radiotherapy ,my eyesights worse,I had a prism on my glasses ,now iv had to have one glass blocked out to see straight.They now want me to have two squint surgeries.Fed up with it all,feel like its all trial and error .HELP

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I cannot really offer any great words of wisdom but I am really sorry to hear of all the problems you have endured.  You really have gone through the mill.  It really does sound like your doctors don't know what they are doing with you.  I was under the impression that RAI was not really suitable for people suffering with graves ophthalmology but I might be wrong.  Perhaps someone else, more knowledgeable than I am, will be able to advise you better.
  • Posted

Hey traceydj

Sorry to hear of your problems with the radiotherapy.I have to undergo this procedeure soon.I would like to ask you if there is any hair loss post treatment?

• Posted

i had no problems with hair loss,i was just washed out.You have to remember most people who have it have cancer and are very poorly,it certainly puts your illness in prospective when you look around the waiting room.The doctors said it could take ayear to 18 months to work then after 4 mths said it hadnt worked?although i have got more movement in my eyes.good luck
  • Posted

Hey traceydj

Thanks for your reply,appreciate your time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.