any one isotretinoin anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

please post your experiences with isotretinoin aka acutane. Has it helped? im just starting out and derm prescribed me isotretinoin 20mg for 6 months. but ive been getting mild headaches when i take them. If its worth ill deal with the headaches. I honestly feel a good diet with no dairy and gluten with certainly help. im confused if I should go the medical route.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To be honest, I have been on this medication for 9 months - 3 months on 40mg and 6 months on 80mg. I started this as I suffered with acne on my face and back. The side effects were gruesome such as the headaches, major dry lips and dry scalp, joint pain, muscle pain, nausea, low mood the list goes on and on. It successfully cleared my acne but didn't make any difference to the HS. Everyone is different so it is up to you on which method to try, at the moment probiotics have worked for me and I currently have had no breakouts for the past month!

• Posted

hey thanks for your reply, has accutane clear hs scars on the face? i go few hs scars on my right side under my side locks. if it gonna clear hs scars im bear the side effects

• Posted

hey! accutane doesnt clear up any scars they completely go a year after finishing, so i wouldnt advise taking accutane just for scars, the medicene completely stops oil production in the body which is hard to handle

• Posted

Hello,

i have tried it five years ago, it made my skin look nice but it didn't help my issue for taking it. Also be very careful using it, do your research. Accutain can give suicidal thoughts and depression so pay great attention to your mental well being

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.