Any one on steriods

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is there anyone on prednisolone I've been on them on and off for two years. Currently on just 5 mg maintenance dose now but having job to come off them due to flares every time I get down to 2mg 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've been on prednisolone for another medical condition in the past. It has some nasty side effects and I believe may be hard on the adrenals--though I'm not 100% sure about this. In general, because of the bad side effects, if you can get off it, you should. This has to be done very gradually.

• Posted

Yes it would be great to come off it unfortunately each time my consultant tells me to taper down that's when flares start

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on 5mg maintenance dose for about 10yrs I increase to 15mg for a flare. If u are struggling to reduce them u must still need them if not maybe something else?? As obviously something is going on.

• Posted

Yes these preds aren't for post viral fatigue they are for another illness I have but they make me tired so affect the PVf catch 22

• Posted

I was on it in the past for a chest infection but felt absolutely dreadful on it - totally spaced out, lightheaded and drained. You could maybe see if there is a natural alternative that might help. Some foods can help reduce inflammation in the body such as pineapple so you could possibly change your diet. There are probably herbal or homeopathic remedies you could try too. Most prescribed drugs I've had have made me feel worse.

• Posted

There are usually natural alternatives to medical drugs; it just takes a bit of looking. Glad you mentioned it Elaine! razz

• Posted

So true a lot of meds do make you feel worse totally agree with you there and yes if I could take natural alternative things I would one hundred per cent but unfortunately I have rare liver disorder an consultant dosent advise 
    • Posted

Aw sorry to hear about that! Have you ever seen a Naturopath about it?
    • Posted

No never tried one, I've recently bought juicer well known make I'm going to try juicing see if makes difference to energy levels have you tried juicing georgia

• Posted

Yes I did but I prefer blending because the fruit retains its fibre. Also I'm an underweight diabetic so I have to limit fruit.

I've recently gone on the Keto, low carb, high fat diet and I've changed the fruit I eat to the lowest carb fruits like melons, peaches and plums etc. It was hard to cut out grapefruit but I'm not craving sugars or fruit juices now and I'm not getting as hungry as I used to.

• Posted

Both my parents were diabetics mum was insulin dependant dad was type 2 I haven't got diabetis but I'm monitored that's very interesting I'm going to look into that georgia as I do crave sugar badly since steriods hence weight gain 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.