Any other Diabetics or FS Sufferers Totally Exausted All the Time?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It's so ridiculous how tired I am. Had my FS for about well 8 + months now. It's just going into the frozen stage (yay Diabetes). I have been doing some gentle shoulder exercises/stretching at the gym 3-4 days a week, along with some treedmill work, otherwise, I have NO energy at all!  I had my last Kenalog 40 (steroid) injection about a month ago. Didn't do much, but had to try to get rid of some of this pain. I am a Diabetic, but well controlled, well after two weeks of high sugar issues due to the steroid 

Anyway, anyone else having a similar issue? 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm am so tired too. Type 1, well controlled. FS in both shoulders, bursitis and calcific tendinitis in both! I haven't had an uninterrupted night slop in 1.5 years. I think between that, the pain, the lack of mobility, it wears you down. I did the steroid too, did nothing but increase my blood sugars! In the process of shock wave therapy. Hoping that will help to get my energy and mood back up. You're not alone.

• Posted

Oh my gosh,I just looked up the Calcific Tendinitis! You poor thing... Hang in there...
    • Posted

Not that anyone would wish this on anyone else, but it does help knowing others are having the same issues. My biggest issue is that I have a 7, 6 and 4 year old and am a stay at home mom. So I get zero rest nor help during the days. Hope you are having a "good" day today!  Strength in numbers ????

• Posted

I have nothing but respect for you. I can hardly take care of myself most days. Well, hopefully if you're in not too much pain the kids sort of keep your mind off what you're going through. Not sure how you do it!

• Posted

Yes, not being able to get proper rest at night is probably the main culprit for being extremely tired and lethargic. I too have type 1 diabetes and am doing a second round of FS in the opposite shoulder. I avoided any cortisone shots because too many people have stated they simply aren't effective, and it can throw diabetes out of whack. I'm currently taking MSM supplements and have noticed a HUGE improvement in pain reduction and speed of recovery from my first go round. It also helps in getting a better nights rest I gave found. If you are 8 months in you still have quite a bit of this wicked condition left, but I hope I helped in some way. I'm about 10 months in and am doing WAY better than when I was 10 months in the first time. Took over 3 years to get over it the first time, but I'm on pace this time to be over this by Springtime. I wish you the best with both the FS and the type 1 diabetes. Regards, Mike.

• Posted

Mike, thank you so much. I am so glad for the post. I have been taking joint -care supplements, but will try MSM....  So sorry you have had this twice... I wish you a speedy recovery! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.