Any people who tried svt ablation and they couldn't trigger it. Scheduled for Tomorrow

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have only had one episode that wouldn't stop all the rest I ever had were less than 20 seconds. I am scheduled to go in tomorrow. I am somewhat concerned that they won't be able to trigger it. My question is if the fail to trigger did anyone notice any worsening of SVT from them being up there in your heart or was everything the same after the attempt?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had 3 attempted ablations.   The first they could not trigger me.   EP thought becasue I was on a benzo at that time.   After all 3 ep studies, I did not see a difference with my episodes.   The second attempt, I did have an episode the day after, but only  that time
    • Posted

after the failed attempts, how long did it take your groin and you to get back to normal activities. That must have been a bummer to go thru. Are you going to try a 4th or what are you doing now for it?
    • Posted

I was not able to lift anything more than 10 pounds for a week.  Other than that I was good to go.  The groing thing is not a big issue.  It was tender for a couple of days  but very manageable.  

No, I am done with it.   I am not on any medications. I will see the EP in a couple of weeks. He said that we will discuss medications, but it is not going to happen.   I had in 2016 been on bisoprolol for a few months.   I would rather have an episode than feel like I did on biso

• Posted

I was told that no sedation can be used for this reason - not even valium (a Benzo).

They use drugs to trigger it and if they can't trigger it they don't do anything to your heart.  Having a catheter floating around in a chamber of your heart isn't going to make SVT worse.

• Posted

The only way I am doing this is to take a benzo before I even go in to the hospital. No way I would be able to have them do all that without it.
    • Posted

I would rethink that.  My first attempt at ablation,he could not trigger me.  EP told me it was because of the benzo I was on.  I then had to do the weaning off of Klonopin and trazadone in order to have a second try.    The weaning was a nightmare, and even though it has been 7 months off trax, and 6 months off klon, I am still going through withdrawals...Never again!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.