Any positive stories about getting back on fluoxetine again?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all,

I am currently on Day 22 of 10mg fluoxetine (taking one 20mg tablet every other day).

It's been hell - I was on 40mg before but came off them over the past year, barely taking them at all due to stomach issues (reflux), but that passed and I started up again 3 weeks ago.

I'm so scared because when I increased to 40mg from 20mg back in 2017 around this time period I was significantly better, or at least over the worst and able to get relief, after 3 weeks. I want to keep increasing the dose as I didn't want to jump straight back to 40mg straightaway, but I know each increase will make it worse and I'm barely eating now 😢

I brought this on myself, I didn't mean to, but the stomach pain was so bad...

Has anyone been able to restart fluoxetine again if it worked for them before? I remember when I first went on it (20mg) - even though it was slow the constant daily panic attacks stopped within 4 weeks.

Please could someone reply, I'd be so grateful.

Thanks,

Pamela

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.