Any positive stories here

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys. So my story is a bit long winded. I woke up with severe nausea pretty much overnight back in October. Since then it's been almost every day, all day. Not just a bit queasy. Very nauseated. Loss of appetite, generally feeling awful. And an odd symptom, leg throbbing upon waking that sound trivial but it stops me from sleeping it's a horrible sensation. Also in all this time I get a few other things, loose floating fowl smelling stools every morning for a week then one of two days of morning then back to that. Occasional acid when I burp and I burp a lot more. Very bad wind upon waking up. Other than this in November I woke up three mornings in a row with severe and I mean severe epigastric pain. Right in the centre of my chest. I had bloods. Slight elevated lft. Ultrasound showed a slightly inflamed gallbladder, some small stones and a little bit of sludge. In the past months I'll get the odd day with no nausea. The odd week even. Then bam it's back with a vengeance. Always , always get the leg sensation along with it. They go hand in hand. I have actually thrown up on occasion too. So the dr has put all this down to cholecysitis and I'm scheduled to have my gallbladder out march 24th. My fear is some of my symptoms don't add up to that diagnosis and I don't want to go through a surgery to feel the same. Anyone else had anything like me and it definitely was the gallbladder. Please help. I'm so sick of feeling so unwell. Before this I was a regular happy person with a brilliant life which now seems so distant in my past sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

Sorry your feeling so awful.

Sadly it seems to be with GB that your either ok & it ticks along for ages ok without surgery or your really not ok & then after surgery some are fantastic get their lives back no more issues & others get the added complications that can go along with what happens after GB removal, issue is it's like Russian roulette there is no crystal ball for who will be ok & who won't.

But people who have to have surgery just can't take the pain anymore so have no choice but to take the chance.

Hope you can get a right fix and all will be good.

As said the diet changes before and after surgery to no dairy & free from food really seems to help also.

• Posted

To add the 3 days of pain I haven't had any since. So I'm 3 months other than occasional slight discomfort randomly. But nausea. Loss of appetite. Leg pain and odd stools etc are still frequent

• Posted

Hello Samantha, the pains and foul smelling stools are a classic sign.If it were me I would have it whipped out in a heart beat, especially as you are suffering withe nausea as well. As for leg pain, everyone has different symptoms and when you have had the op you may be back to your old self again minus all the pain (including the leg pain).for now eat little but often so the gallbladder is put under too much work and also low fat and sugar.Also try oat milk and hot water bottle for the pain flare ups.

Good Luck.

• Posted

Sorry Samantha I have just read back my post and I meant to say eat little and often SO THAT THE GALLBLADDER IS NOT PUT UNDER TOO MUCH PRESSURE.biggrin

• Posted

Sounds very similar to all my experiences started last september. 

I had mine removed on Decemeber 7th .. After recovéy period i am good now.

Still cant eat too much fatty stuff but that is a good thing.

I lost almost 2 stone from sept to having it out due to the nauseau and becoming afraid to eat... 

Now i would like to keep that extra weight off , so i am watching what i eat.

I hope you get some respite soon..

And to be fair if you have the stones and sludge you will be better off without as it can flare up again again. And you dont want to keep feeling rubbish xx

• Posted

I had none of the classic gallstone symptoms until the last few days in hospital when it finally became clear. You've already been diagnosed with gallstones. Get that sorted asap because it's the first step, regardless of other issues.

Whether or not the leg pain is a result of it will become clear the day after surgery. When you read the forums you'll find everyone has different experiences beforehand. My symptoms, plus several issues that I didn't realise were related to it, all vanished after surgery. Chances are yours will as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.