Any questions as I'm off

Posted , 2 users are following.

to see my nurse on Tuesday.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Could you please ask how long it takes for Orlistat to get out of your system if you have a break from it?

I think I'm going to have to at Christmas, there's no way I can diet for those 2 or 3 days and I don't want the side effects, so I was plannign to have a few days off then.

Just planning ahead!

Thanks Suza

• Posted

It's my understanding that each tablet works with each meal and they don't really build up, but someone may correct me. I had a wedding to go to Friday and was staying at the hotel yesterday. I didn't take any tablets Fri and yesterday and was fine and I can say without doubt I went over 30g of fat both days. Back on them today and again all ok so far.

Just had my first stew of the winter :ok:

I am sure a lot of people will be leaving off the little blue tablets for Christmas

• Posted

thats true'ish that they work for that meal but also for the whole 24hrs that's why you can't take any more than 30g's of fat over the day.

I personally would leave it out for one day and stick to a low fat diet before indulging in any naughties and then I would start back on a low fat diet for at least 2 days before starting them again.

But I will get this clarified smile

• Posted

Hey Suza, thanks for that. I wasn't sure if I was 100% right. I have been fine after going back on the tablets yesterday, but I think I've been lucky and too be honest, I probably only had about 20g yesterday.

A week to go until my first weigh in. I am both excited and nervous. I'd like to lose quite a bit but anything downwards will be an achievement as since May I had been putting on every week. Way too many crisps and sweets.

I do know I need to up my water intake. For years I've drunk virtually none so that's what I'm finding most difficult.

I am a bit annoyed at how little my doctor told me before starting the tablets, but I guess I should be happy he accepts I've got a problem and need help. My previous doctor just told me to 'Get on with it'.

• Posted

Not my normal nurse today but this one was quite helpful as well.

I was advised that the Orlistat can take up to 3 days to completely leave the system, and if you wish to restart she has suggested that you have at least 3 days on a low fat diet before starting them up again.

• Posted

Thanks for asking. I'll bear this in mind if I am having another occassion to go to where I can't have any control over the amount of fat I eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.