Any quick ways to get therapy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I've had my health anxiety for 7/8 months. I've been to my doctor so many times I can't count them! She is trying to organize therapy, but said it could take months! ( p.s I'm from Ireland so don't have as much options as other countries). Anyways, does anyone know if there is anything I can do to sipped things up, my doc said there's no way. Or does anyone know any other way of getting help? .

Thanks, Jack

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi guys,don't know if anyone will see this, but I have got in contact with the hospital my dad was in before he died, and they have said they are organising the counselling for me, it should take a few days. The only downside is I have to walk through the hospital to get there, which I may not be able to do...so don't know what to do

• Posted

It's wonderful news that you have managed to organse counselling, Jack! Please don't look ahead to the appointment wih fear of being in the same hospital. See it as a step towards recovery. See it as a place of healing and don't dwell on bad memories of your Dad. he wouldn't want that for you. Be positive.

As far as walking through, have you one of those phones where it plays music? One with headphones? If you had you could use music to distract you, along with walking straight ahead, looking neither right nor left, seeing it as a pathway where you will soon reach the end of. Keeping your eyes straight ahead will focus you upon your destination.

You could always listen to Kaiser Chiefs!!! smile

Much love Helen

• Posted

Yes, I do have a smartphone, and I do listen to music on it, but not the Kaiser Chiefs lol! My mother knows someone who works in counselling, but he deals with teenagers who are vulnerable, not bereavement, however he will look into it and see if he can find somewhere closer to me.
    • Posted

Not the Kaiser Chiefs! You Phillistine!

I hope you manage to find counselling nearby, where you feel comfortable, Jack, as opposed to the thought of going to the hospital which is stressing you out.

Fingers crossed. Let us all know how it goes, please,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.