Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all does any one regret having gb removed having op on monday

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi 

no ... Feel so much better .

but your question is only requesting negative responses and you will already know a minority are left with either diahreah or constipation and your question will get negative responses from those few who suffer after.. Are u wanting an excuse to not have the op? 

So many on here left their gallbladder operations so late that they risked rupture infections jaundice etc... In fact my cousin is at this moment fighting for his life in hospital as he passed a giant gallstone that blocked his bowel causing him to collapse and stop breathing ... 

Hate to be dramatic but their are risks of leaving them in ...

hope all goes well Monday ..post and tell us how it went 

• Posted

Hi sally didnt think of it like that I know I have to have it done so just got to be brave wishing your cousin a speedy recovery and will post how it goes

thanks

• Posted

Susan, I'm in the same position as you, I was due to have op on 14th but hospital cancelled it now I'm due to have it on Thursday. I'm absolutely terrified but I know its best to have it done now than to risk severe problems later on like the previous poster's cousin, (sally that is horrible I hope he is better soon)

I'm seeing my Dr tomorrow as for the past week I've felt short of breath and chest tightness. I've had this before but not this long so in worried it could be asthma do want to get properly checked before op.

Try to have a nice relaxing bath tonight, the theatre staff and really good at calming people down don't be shy to ask for a sedative if you need it! I wish you all the best for tomorrow 😊 I'll be wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Thanks wishing you well to I know it needs to ve done as symptoms have got worse in the last year

sue

• Posted

Thinking of you Susan hope all going well! It may already be done.

Take it easy, let us know how you're getting on when you're ready 😊

• Posted

Hi Susan ... I had my GB removed in April this year.  Apart from the post op discomfort for a short while I don't regret having my GB removed, although I am one of those people who have to take immodium most days.  The pain of a gallstone attack is worse than having a baby in my opinion - I felt as though I was dying.   I am fairly careful with what I eat - for instance I only have coconut oil as a fat.

On the day of your op things will happen quite quickly.  Once in theatre I found the staff there incredibly friendly - I nearly forgot I was about to have an op; they're very clever!  I was out for the count before I knew then when I woke I was in the care of a nurse who shortly afterwards took me to the ward for the day.   I couldn't eat anything, except a little nibble, as I felt really sick, but that was due to the op.  I went home that evening and rested.   

Sending you best wishes for Monday (you'll be fine).  Let us know how you got on.

• Posted

Feel the same way @Moonday when you couldn't eat anything and feel sick.

Still, we overcome the operation. smile

• Posted

I had my gallbladder removed in April.

It does take time to settle down from this operation but I have no regrets at all.

Good luck for today

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Sarah xxx

• Posted

Hi! I got my gb removed last june and no regrets for removing them. Instead, In my opinion. it helps me to be more knowledgeable about my health and how to be healthy, avoiding not so nutritious foods.

Well of course, after surgery you're body and food diet will adjust. But, Don't worry! ^^ You'll be healthy after that. though it'll take sometime to get back on track. smile 

Take Care of your Health

• Posted

Hi all day two post apart from feeling like my belly been used as a rugby ball I feel so much better.NO REGRETS.
    • Posted

Great news Susan I was thinking of you 😊 I'm currently waiting in the surgical admissions ward for my op.
    • Posted

I was terrified like you but I dont remember a thing you will be ok good luck look forward to hearing from you soon with good news x
    • Posted

Hey Susan I'm almost 2 days post op now. Still feeling very bruised and delicate. How are you doing?
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

glad your ok day 4 for me still feel sore but getting better every day, still no regrets, xx

• Posted

Hi Susan, I am 3 days post op. No regrets so far smile feel sore and bruised and only want to eat small amounts but all good considering. How are your wounds? Still with dressings?
    • Posted

Hi

12 days post op still feel bruised have changed dressings but paranoid to leave them uncovered but feel great touch wood I can eag anything no diarrhoea yet so good sign onwards and upwards good luck with healing and getting stronger every day xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.