Any similar rare cases ?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could chest pain in AS be as severity as heart attack ?!

continuos chest pain is mush more tragic than back pain .

Of cuorse back pain is hard but when the pain starts in chest it decreases in back .

Please tell me how much that pain can be sharp ?

It is incredible like a sustained chest angina !

I don not take any meds because of stomach problems , i think nsaids couldnot treat my tragic pain .

Heart tests are normal , i used to go to the doctor imergensly thinking that is an angina !

Any similar storie?

Any suggestions?

Any method to pain relief?

Any help ?!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The chest pains are really frightening. I had them on the way home from work one day and thought I was having a heart attack so drove into someones driveway and just sat for about half an hour. On another occasion I had them at work and my boss insisted I go to Hospital They gave me an ECG and explained that it was virtually impossible to distinguish the difference between AS chest pains and heart attack symptons. 

I was lucky in as much as my brother had suffered before me and I knew his chest expansion had become very small so he could not take deep breaths. I did not want this to happen to me so when I got the chest pains I would take deep breaths and force my lungs to expand. This was quite painful but I think it helped to shorten the length of time the pains lasted and it definitely helped to retain decent chest expansion.

Good luck with it . It does get better with time.

• Posted

yikes buddy, that sounds awfful.  I have chest pain on and off that keeps me awake, ussully most when I have over done it (which is not doing a lot these days).  It is unpleasant and like a scratching ache.  I have told every doctor eg Rhueim,INternist,Endochronologist,GP and had chest xrays to be sure.  NO one really knows.  I hope you find out. 
  • Posted

Thanks all ;

The broplem is that AS don't move from my chest instead of being in my back .

It realy keeps me awake from one hour after waking up until i sleep , i'd like to keep sleeping .

Deep breathes didn't help me .

One way can help me reduce the pain is to lay in my chest , by taht way my wieght becomes on my chest so i keep laying over time! you see it is a lonely solve but non perfect.

• Posted

Thanks all ;

The broplem is that AS don't move from my chest instead of being in my back .

It realy keeps me awake from one hour after waking up until i sleep , i'd like to keep sleeping .

Deep breathes didn't help me .

One way can help me reduce the pain is to lay in my chest , by taht way my wieght becomes on my chest so i keep laying over time! you see it is a lonely solve but non perfect.

• Posted

I have had similar problems to the ones you describe. Chest pain that starts high in the chest and can radiate down one or both arms. It seems to go round to the back a bit like a tight barrel. I use a hot pack which is a bag with either wheat or rice sewn into it...make sure it is sewn strongly and sealed so the contents cant escape.. Then put in the microwave with a cup of water next to it...to stop it drying out. Put on the sore places for as long as possible but make sure it is not too hot. I also have to take pain meds but sometimes they are not enough. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

A quick add on gloria's post (a hot water bottle can help the same)

?all the best.

• Posted

Hiya Nigel...you are right on...but here in Bali where it is 6 deg off the equator they are as rare as hens teeth to buy. The hot packs are easy to make and cheap....Hot towels will work also...My friends have sent me hot water bottles...the only ones in captivity in Bali I think..!! Lol
    • Posted

Thanks Gloria ;

I will try this hope it eradicate my suffering .

• Posted

Just a thought to add to all the others....do be careful about chest pain. I actually did have a heart attack two years ago...I check my blood pressure every day as it is often elevated due to an enlarged heart. I went to hospital when it rose to 177/100 that rang alarm bells for me, being as I'm a nurse. So off I went to the local hospital. They checked it and it had gone to 220/100...still had the chest pains and they said it was definately a mild heart attack...so to be really sure..take your blood pressure every day if you can...If the BP is normal...it is likely to be radiated pain from your back...AS is a bit like parts in an old car...it seems that one small thing is wrong and all the other parts react..lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.