Any special diet for Lupus ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 2 years I have been having extreme fatigue, joint and muscle pains . Went to Doctor , my ANA was in the 1200’s , Vit D low evertything else normal. I also noticed that when I ate sometimes my fatigue would just hit me and I couldn’t do anything else. Went to rheumatologist he redid all the tests and the ANA was the same but now my C 3 was a little low. He diagnosed me with UCTD . He also put on plaquenil . This has helped me with the joint pain and muscle pain. He suggested not to eat certain foods like garlic, cheese, milk etc to see if this would help with the fatigue. Is there any special diet that I can follow to see if this helps. Thank you so much   Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm not sure there's any particular diet that helps other than avoiding process foods and following the advice the Rheumatologist has given. The nightshade food group is one that is suggested to avoid, things like peppers. Anything that gets the immune system going. A dietitian suggested I kept a note of what I ate and recorded symptoms to see if anything in my diet aggravated the Lupus. Chocolate triggers migraine for me so I avoid it, garlic can upset my system so I restrict it in my diet. Eating fresh foods, taking rest when needed is the advice I was given. Not missing meals too, I often skipped them and that added to my fatigue and triggered migraine, my blood sugar dropped. Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.