ANY Success stories coming of amitriptyline??

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi, i like many others on here are trying to wean off amitriptyline and are looking for advice and positive stories. Please can anyone share their experiences to help me as i am currently struggling now i have got to 2.5 mg. What withrawal symptoms did you have ? and do you have any advice re helping these symptoms. How long after stopping did your withdrawal symptoms persist? Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

At .25 mg you can say you are nearly over with the weaning off process. When I reached to 50mg , and with pain and anxiety a lot reduced, all I wanted was to get out of the side effects trap. So i started reducing the dosage. Come along were cold symptoms lasting on, incerased anxiety, shallow sleep...in the middle I started gabapentin. I don't like this medicine much either.

• Posted

Hi

At .25 mg you can say you are nearly over with the weaning off process. When I reached to 50mg , and with pain and anxiety a lot reduced, all I wanted was to get out of the side effects trap. So i started reducing the dosage. Came along cold symptoms lasting on, incerased anxiety, shallow sleep...in the middle I started gabapentin. I don't like this medicine much either.

• Posted

Hi brotherhood thanks for your reply, sorry i am taking 2.5 mg not 25 mg so it is small but the anxiety is awful, are you off ami now?
    • Posted

Amanda I am on 10mg and while on 20mg, gabapentin was added so that it would replace amitryptlin with the same effects. I was going to ramp it up while fazing out ami but I am still lingering

Cheers

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up