Any sugestions???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Ladies.

Im having a lot off pain recently & this waiting game is really getting me down!!. Has anyone any advice on what can help my pain?, i am on painkillers but they dont help much & its not very practical walking around with a hot water bottle. Would love to hear what anybody else has tried...

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you're in the UK, try phoning your consultants secretary re another appointment. Tell her your in considerable pain now and can't tolerate it much longer. Best wishes. x rolleyes

• Posted

Hi pollyanna,

Yes i am in the uk. Ive already tried doing that and i cant get one. Ive just got to keep trying for cancellations. Keep going a&e getting painkillers then getting sent home the next day. Its just so frustrating. sad.thanks for your reply.x

• Posted

Hi Cheryl. Waiting lists are so long in many areas it can be really difficult I know. I've been waiting for several months for another appointment to go in gynae for surgery as first one cancelled due to no surgeon available. This sort of thing is not considered urgent but it is very uncomfortable and painful for some of us. Just keep phoning and see if anything comes up. Take your pain meds on a regular basis for best effect, not just when pain is bad. I have to take tramadol plus paracetamol, together. This is because the paracetamol help other pain meds work better I was told. Don't take them with other pills or meds containing paracetamol though. I find a hot water bottle on painful area when lying down or reclining is very helpful. See your GP about stronger pain meds if you don't have anything which works for you. Best wishes. x rolleyes

• Posted

Hi pollyanna

I was on co-codamol at first, went back to the doctors cause they didnt work and they changed it to dihydocodeine (which still didnt help much). I went back last week & he said the only other thing i could have was amitriptyline (for night time). I just dont seem to get anywhere with doctors. I no i shouldnt have done it but i did take a couple of my friends tramadol which did help. I was able to sit still for a while without wriggling around in pain. I just dont think doctors understand it is a painfull condition. I just hope theres a light at the end of the tunnel. I wish you luck in this waiting game, hopefully we will both get seen very soon. Take care wink xx

• Posted

Amitryptylene can help with pain as well as depression. I had them for post shingles pain which is BAD! They need to be taken about 10-12 hours before you want to wake up as the effect lingers. Good luck. x rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.