Any suggestions?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone experience anything like this? One minute you re feeling ok and then all of a sudden this feeling of ill comes over you whereas it make you feel shaking and trembling, no energy , radiating pain in back, legs weak and tingling , air hunger, dizzy and lightheadness feel the urgency of a bowel move etc. All of this occur at one time and the only thing i can do is lie down until it passes. I went to dr. yesterday and he diagnose me with PTSD, Degeneralize Anixiety Disorder, Anorexia , perimenopause. I dont think he knows. I am 2 days late of my period, and the only relief is when period comes. .What do you ladies think? Its been over 8 months of this constantly. Yes, ive tried everything you can think of bhrt supplements, acupuncture, therapy , etc.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes. I get that and that was my very first “Peri attack” as I call it. The feeling of the bathroom and all of that.

Today is heat palps for me, and feeling of breathing hard when it’s not actually hard.

All of it sucks 

• Posted

Do you get several symptons all at once? Yrs ive been having the "trying to get enough air up" feeling.

• Posted

Anorexia.  You are not getting the nutrients you need to deal with anxiety and peri
    • Posted

ive been dealing with stomach issues like gastritis , gerd, and ibs

I dont think my nutrients are being absorbed or digesting right.

• Posted

Yes, it's very unnerving. Causing big issues with my digestion. Think I'm much closer to graduation into Menopause... all started about 45 (staring down 52) but the last two months have been really tough with anxiety. Drinking vitamin water that has 100% potassium which seems to be helping me...everyone is unique though. Chatting with others on this site helps with the "lonely" part of the journey.. grateful for that.

• Posted

Hi Crystal, where do you buy your vitamin water from are you in the UK.. Trying time for sure we will come out on the end laughing.
    • Posted

Hi, you can buy these in supermarkets and chemists here in U K
  • Posted

I had similar episodes to ones you describe. First one was around age 40, am 56 now and not had one for a few years. My GP said it was caused by stress. I was never convinced. It was scary as each attack could come on extremely quickly and was totally debilitating.
  • Posted

Its an adrenaline surge... it causes fight or flight like symptoms. Very common in peri menopause.   Does feel like a panic type attack also but the difference is its not caused by your own thoughts. Its caused by the body releasing stress hormones to help tp compensate for the late of female hormones. Mainly adrenaline and cortisol, thats why so many women have huge issues with anxiety going through peri. Even women who never had any type of anxiety issue before  will complain of chronic anxiety issues it does settle down with time . I think its the main reason why women got to HRT as it is so overwhelming. You will find its worst around ovulation and period and if you are having issues with eating you will also notice you will get the cold shaky feeling after eating, worse if you are having a big meal or carbs.  
    • Posted

Thank you so much Littleme!❤You have explained this so.well with what im feeling. My therapist has me doing biofeedback and journaling, but i keep trying to tell her it has nothing to do.with my thoughts . It just happens out of nowhere, and even when i.dont have the attack im feeling nervous, jittery and lack of control over my body all day long. You are so right about worse around ovulation and period time. In my case, as long as the period hasnt started i am constantly this way. My period is late but I pray it comes soon because this is the only time i get relief! Yes not only eating but anything i drink as well will trigger it, especially mornings and daytime. It seem to settle down late evenings. I have lost so much weight, I have HRT that my gynecologist gave me months ago but never used it. I wanted to try the BHRT first and did not help me at all. I was only given progesterone but at this point I think all my hormones are basically depleted. Never have I had a anxiety issues until peri hit. I have always suffered with imbalance hormones issues in the past (pcos) but never experienced anything like this. This is torture! I am thinking of trying the HRT. Do you think it could be an adrenal issue ? I ve even thought maybe a thyroid issue..my results were jumping from hyper to.hypo and back to normal.
    • Posted

adrenaline issues will not show up if its just peri.. only if it is a thyroid issue etc. Best to have it checked if you are worried but its usually just peri related. I know its hard to believe that something can make you feel so unwell and there not actually be anything wrong. If you have had a standard full spectrum blood screen done and all is ok i wouldnt not worry, it will come and go sometimes its just plain awful and others you dont feel so bad. Just take things one day at a time and constantly remind yourself that it isnt you.. its just your body reacting to changes that we all have to go through. Feeling like a crazy person sadly is just part of it rolleyes
    • Posted

I have had several panel of bloodwork done already. I wonder why some women have it harder than others unfortunately I am among the ones who's having a very difficult one. Im tired of running to all these different doctors. For the past few days ive been having shortness of breath and palpitations especially if i put my chin down on chest. I can feel a sensation there that makes me grasp for air snd cough. Thats why im thinking it may be a thyroid issue, and im cold all the time. I.have an appt on Monday with cardiologist. Its just hard to believe that hormones will cause all of this. But i will rather it be hormones than something else. ?

• Posted

Good luck on Monday. Please let us know the outcome. I have experienced all of the above and I am 59. I am still going through it. When will it all end....

I am so very thankful for this site....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.