Any suggestions?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I’m not sleeping due to pain. I have AS.  I was in a car accident last month and was hit very hard from behind. I have whiplash and a torn rotator cuff. My upper spine and right shoulder are keeping me up. I can’t get comfortable and it’s not improving. 

It’s approximately my mid-thoracic to lower cervical vertebrae (or area from shoulder blades to lower neck).  I usually sleep on my side. I’ve tried sleeping on my back, but it makes the upper spine very painful. When I position pillows under and around my neck and upper back, the AS in my lower lumbar starts screaming. 

Does anyone have experience with pain in these 2 areas?  I’d appreciate your input. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have given up on side sleeping (some nights I can) so I have a special pillow arrangement I use...two flat ish foam pillows over lapped with a soft feather pillow low and a firmer feather pillow up above that on...kinda a wedge then I lay on my back...also med marijuana cookie nibble an hour before bed, I have more issues with the SI joint but now thoracic and cervical are starting up...also posture correction seems to be important..I fond a set of exercises specific for AS that look helpful but have not tried yet...I think even if you can take some longer acting Tylenol and Motrin together it seems to help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.