Any suggestions?

Posted , 3 users are following.

image this was my throat about 2 weeks ago. What does this look like? it didnt hurt at all, it felt like i had grains of sand glued to the back of my mouth.. more annoying than anything. then it went away. ive had mono for over a year now. i know it causes weird throat issues

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

this doesnt look like thrush right? ive been stressing

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Hoping so much this settles down, wish I could be more help my medical knowledge / skills in terms of looking at these kind of things not too good but hoping you are able to see a good doctor who can offer good advice and reassurance regarding this.

Just want to reassure you Nicole, it can be common for mono to go into second year and then make a full and complete recovery - have read so many stories of lots of people on the forum that it wasn't until some months into that second year they really started to feel better. And for me it was during the second year things started to really improve and get stronger and better. So don't lose hope and still believing you will get better from this - trusting God with that and hoping, praying and believing in a breakthrough for you Nicole. Thinking of you and hoping that your throat is feeling much better soon, remember to get rest and even the old ones like gargling sal water can be good - taking immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinacea can help as can turmeric and flaxseed oil for inflammation.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Hoping so much this settles down, wish I could be more help my medical knowledge / skills in terms of looking at these kind of things not too good but hoping you are able to see a good doctor who can offer good advice and reassurance regarding this.

Just want to reassure you Nicole, it can be common for mono to go into second year and then make a full and complete recovery - have read so many stories of lots of people on the forum that it wasn't until some months into that second year they really started to feel better. And for me it was during the second year things started to really improve and get stronger and better. So don't lose hope and still believing you will get better from this - trusting God with that and hoping, praying and believing in a breakthrough for you Nicole. Thinking of you and hoping that your throat is feeling much better soon, remember to get rest and even the old ones like gargling sal water can be good - taking immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinacea can help as can turmeric and flaxseed oil for inflammation.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

Craig

• Posted

And remember Nicole, you WILL get through this and get better, even though it's been a year or so I know, I truly believe that.

Craig

• Posted

did you ever figure out what it was? my throat looks exactly like this right now and I had mono a few years ago. I've been terrified its an STD so this post gave me hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.