Any suggestions for improvement are more than welcome.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Let me emphasize that everyone's body is different therefore recovery is different as well. I've experienced this terrible condition twice. It happened last year a year ago (Oct 27th) I was 29 and the first time it happened I was 15 years old. Like I said first time it happened it was 15 years ago and I don't remember recovery been that long, maybe it took a month or two then i was fine it went away. Fifteen years later not so much, it took me weeks I want to say at least 12 weeks for me to see improvement. I remember being depressed not wanting anybody to see me heck i didnt even wana go to wOrk. The dr. did mention that it can take up to a year or longer for it to go away or even worse it can be permanent. I know my body and only I know myself. Here I am a year later and I know I'm not 100% my left side which was the side that it occurred most recently it still has lil funny feeling when i close my eyes or when I'm talking. My left side lip doesn't go all the way up like my right side i can see it in the pictures. I'm even starting to believe i have lost some of my left eye sight cuz now i can't even open my eye all the way like right side . When I blink i can still hear a funny sound of air or something (i cant explain but you should know what im talking about)and it can be frustrating at times cuz that reminds me that I'm still not 100% =[ 

I haven't giving up hope that one day that ill fully recover! Thanks for sharing your stories and any suggestions are more than welcome. #F*ckbellspalsy! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there.  At your age you should improve.   Massage the muscles on the affected side or do facial exercises.  There are videos out there that tell you how to do the exercises.  You could find a physical therapist that specializes also.
  • Posted

Thank u 4 your story and I'm very sorry 2 hear u had 2 experience it twice and I really understand where your comming from about not wanting to go anywhere I went to the grocery store yesterday and everything was fine until I stood in line and started talking 2 my son and telling him what we were having 4 dinner n I turned around 2 yell down the aisle so he could grab the milk and there was about 6 people behind me and they just continued to stare at me and I overheard the older lady telling a younger lady "I think she had a stroke" and the younger lady said "nooo I think she is drunk u hear how she sluring her words?" I was so mad I turned around and yelled "1 NO I DIDNT HAVE A STROKE N I DAM SURE AM NOT DRUNK ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE MY SON WIT ME AND IF YOU CARE TO KNOW I HAVE BELLS PALSY" they both looked at me with their mouths open then when I got to the cashier she says I'm so sorry we have rude people in this world and I don't know what bells palsy is but I hope u get better... And now I have to return back to school soon I am getting my cosmetology licsnese but I'm afraid to go back and be in clients faces after the grocery store incident I don't know how this is going to work out

• Posted

Wow can't believe people are so ignorant! Latoya don't discourage yourself! How long ago did you get bells palsy? Keep moving and massaging the side that it happened, chew gum, drink from a straw, talk, sing, keep living your life as you were before it happened. Keep those muscles active it will get better I promise.

• Posted

Thank u 4 listening well reading my rants I really appreciate it n u helped me by telling me ur story as well so again thank u n I hope this gets better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.