Any suggestions on loosing weigh? and add body muscle?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, does anyone have any suggestions on how to help weight loss based on my info below relating to healthy eating and exercise please. Wanting things I can do at home to loose weight but also gain some muscle. 

Height: 5 foot 6 inches (170.6 cm)

Waist: 37 inches (93 cm)

Body fat ratio: 20.8% (should be 9.3% based on my age and height)

BMI: 29.8 (overweight)

Thank You smile

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you are not massively over wgt but it is better to nip it in the bud rather than let it grow to a larger amount cos nobody starts at being ten stones over wgt - it starts with a lb which grows to half a stone and so on and so forth - have you considered joining a wgt loss organisation online or buying an exercise dvd - these are both th ings you could do at home to help with an eating regime incorporating exercise - we all know losing wgt is about eating less and exercising  more so I will not patronise you with that 'old chestnut' cos often it is not as simple as that as there can be o ther issues involved - if you are able to get out then walking, dancing, cycling, swimming are all forms of exercise - just  do a bit more to what you normally do in order to attain results -  you could get some dietary info from your GP or ask if there is a dietician attached to the surgery who could give you some advice - beware of fad diets that aim for quick wgt loss cos as soon as you return to a normal way of eating the wgt will slide back on again - you need something you can sustain - it might just mean cutting out the 'rubbish' 5 days per wk and having a few treats on a wk end - so no biscs, crisps, booze, sweets, sugary drinks during the wk but allow for some treats in moderation on a wk end - if you work or are a student take your own lunches with you for during the day so if you have access to a microwave you could take a small tin of beans to heat up, a jacket taty and some tuna fish, soup, or make a salad and take in a plastic box - there are lots of possibilities - it is better than buying something cos you do not always know  what hidden callories there are in stuff you buy in cafes etc.   good luck      

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.