Any Suggestions Welcome!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been on these now for 3 weeks, eating a low fat diet & regular exercise but I am not losing anything...just wondering if i am doing something wrong? I have lost an inch or 2 when I measure but the weight doesnt seem to want to come down which ok could be lean muscle etc but if you guys are doing what Im doing but the weight is coming off then maybe I need to try another pill?? Any suggestions would be much appreciated as feeling very dis-heartened! sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Suzuki2009

Have you registered with MAP 08007317138, they are very good at giving you advise on what to eat and send out plenty of good information for you to keep.

I've jsut come back on the tablets and tonight I'm going to dig out the booklets and have a read up and try and get some ideas.

If you ring MAP remember you need to have the box with you so you can read off the batch code.

Good luck

Jane

• Posted

Hi Jane

Yes I have registered with MAP...the lady I spoke to wasnt very friendly though which put me off a bit but will try calling again! Thanks x

• Posted

I'd say if you're losing inches, then you're probably turning fat to muscle which is why you haven't seen any loss on the scales.

Are you making sure everything you eat is less than 5g of total fat per 100g? That's the advice my nurse gave me which has been brilliant, a great rule-of-thumb - I've been on them 5 weeks so far and lost 1 stone. You have to be quite brutal tho and really stick to the 5g rule, this means absolutely no cheese, butter/spread, no oil added to meals, need to grow a taste for plain food smile Works tho smile

• Posted

I agree with one of your other respondents that you may need to get some nutritional advice - you can be eating a low fat diet and still put weight on if you're taking in foods with a high sugar content or drinking alcohol. Orlistat only blocks absorption of fat so things like smoothies, fruit juice, wine, beer and spirits will still be absorbed by your body and contribute to your overall calorific intake. You still need carbohydrate - just not the refined type. The GI diet is nutritionally very sound and would be a good basis for thinking about what you do and don't eat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.