Any thoughts?

Posted , 3 users are following.

stools have not changed, scaredimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

there are lots of reasons your stool could become that color. are you having any other symptoms? have you been tested for giardasis or gilberts syndrome? those often cause a yellow stool.

• Posted

I am have slight back aches and upper left abdomen aches sometimes. I have only been tested for h pylori and celiac witch are clear.

• Posted

i would definitely push for further tests but try not to get to worked up about what you think it is. i am also a high anxiety person and have a difficult time accepting the diagnoses that i have gotten but anxiety always makes my symptoms worse. just try to relax and try an elimination diet to see if maybe your food is causing your symptoms. i found that every time i eat or drink anything with milk in it my symptoms are always worse.

• Posted

well i did self diagnosis myself as being lactose intolerant a fews years ago. straight milk would destroy my stomach... maybe it's getting worse? ( i do still eat dairy)

• Posted

cut out all dairy for a month and see how you feel. im also self diagnosed but its the only food i can attribute to my symptoms

• Posted

I went through all this a couple of years ago. I had every test you can possibly think of. In the end they found nothing. They think my yellow stools were caused by a fast transit time. Basically the stool is moving too quickly through the digestive tract and not allowed enough time for absorption to take place. I have spoken to many people over the years who have the same symptoms and have also never found a cause. I think anxiety also plays a part in making this worse. If it was pancreatic cancer the decline would be quite severe. It is a brutal illness. I honestly dont think it is that. If you really cant look past it request a pancreas ct scan that will rule it out for you. Good luck and try to put it out your mind.

• Posted

thank you tom, it has been 24 months or so of symptoms (some bad flare ups) and I'm feeling pretty good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.