Any tips for Orlistat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All, just been prescribed Orlistat and I really want to get the best from them and lose some weight (4/5 stones 😳wink. First used them about 10 years ago and the weight dropped off (got all the side effects when eating fatty food but sometimes think that helped to lose more weight)! Taken them a couple of times more recently but they seem to have little or no effect and not even side affects when eating fat! I wonder if I could have built up a resistance to them or if they have altered the ingredients?! Anyway I'm starting with a fresh outlook and keeping my fingers crossed, any tips welcome?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn't worry mine didn't seem to give me any side affects for about three weeks, I even ate a Chinese and an Indian in attempt to test them with no side affects (although I stuck to low fat the rest of the time, this was obviously a controlled test 😉wink. Then about a month in they seemed to suddenly start to kick in. I've been on them six weeks and haven't lost any weight yet but will see the three months out and go from there.

• Posted

Thank you Samantha, I guess I'm being impatient and want the Orlistat to work a miracle but I know I have to put in some hard work too.

• Posted

That's really interesting to know. I've been on them 2 1/2 weeks now and have tested them a little but no side effects, other than the occasional orange poo. I'll stick at them....with caution for the next couple of weeks!

• Posted

hi, same here do not find them as effective..I asked my doctor but he didnt know.  but something has really changed...much slower.. I have now started to eat the Dukan Diet way and still weight so sloooooowww....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.