Any Tips For Scarring

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm 10 weeks post op from ankle surgery. My incision has healed well and I was wondering what you guys have been using on your incisions to help with scaring. Today was a milestone I'm now walking in a athletic shoe, YAY!!!!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Machelle I've been using bio oil.

But my scar will be a little deeper than yours as I caught MRSA. It's healed pretty well though all in all.

• Posted

Hi Machelle,

That's awesome news that you are in a shoe now... my foot is still too swollen to put one on but we're getting there.

I've just been using Vitamin E on mine and it seems to be doing the trick.

Keep up the great progress!

Deb

• Posted

I had to go to a running shoe store and be fitted in a double wide athletic shoe! I have to wear a lace up ankle brace inside my show along with a swollen foot,  but at least I got out of the boot. 

Good luck with your progress too Deb! biggrin

• Posted

Yes, Deb’s got the right idea. Vitamin E works a treat. I actually snipped the end off a Vitamin E capsule (oral) and use the oil inside. Deep massage as firm as you can tolerate in tiny circles. I’m 8 weeks post op and my 3 inch incision is barely visible!! Good luck with it. 

Jodi

• Posted

Congrats on your athletic shoe milestone! I agree with the others... Vitamin E is the best on reducing scars from incisions. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Carolyn, the people on this forum have been the best! biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.