Any tips for speeding up the discolouration of the skin after PR leaves?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had PR for 12 weeks now I tried absolutely everything the only thing I thought helped was the prreze and Sunbeds, only problem now is I have some discolouration does anyone know any way to speed up this process I'm using coconut oil at the moment but doesn't seem to be working? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My daughter got it really bad a couple years ago, aside from constant itching, she would have episodes of intense pain (the only thing that would "help" was intense cold) took her to the Dr., they gave her a steriod based ointment and within a week it was completely cleared up - big red rough scaly patches, itch, pain everything! Whatever you do, I don't recommend tanning (I see it all the time as a suggestion on this site) heat and sweating triggered the itching and pain for my daughter and many others have said the same. I would also recommend trying Aloe Vera straight from the plant or cucumber slices if you haven't already, both are extremely good for your skin and promote healing.

Wish you the best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.