Any tips on....

Posted , 6 users are following.

1. How to stop sliding down my bed wedge in the night? I keep finding myself in a crumpled heap by morning.

2. How to relieve the jaw, neck and middle of shoulder blade pain. I know everyone doesn't get this but if anyone has any time that would be great. I always get it when I get a flare up of the reflux and it's the worst part. I don't want to take any paid meds that aggravate the reflux more but I'm not sure what I can take/do

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

To prevent sliding, some people use an extra pillow under their knees. May help. I use a memory foam mattress topper which works for me.
  • Posted

I've just got a reflux wedge, I found this much better that propin the bed up with bricks and books! You don't slip to the bottom as much! X

• Posted

Try Zantac and gaviscon I'm having a flair up myself and also burning in chest and throat

• Posted

In regard to the wedge. I am waiting delivery of a wedge pillow that has a cut out for the shoulder. I tend to slide a little down as well from the straight wedge plus,I find the wedge aggravates a weak shoulder that I have. I'll post the outcome of the new pillow.

• Posted

That's interesting. I also have an injury in my left shoulder! the wedge is ok , but like you, sometimes it does bother me and I do become uncomfortable after a while.

Can I ask where you ordered your wedge from?

• Posted

I sleep with a small  14x14 inch pillow under my thigh above my knee hold the glute muscles in bum up . Then another small pillow under my calves/knees taking care to keep both heels off the end of the pillow. Or a king size pillow soft filling under legs. Keeps me from sliding down and very comfy too.. 

Gemscott you may need to try different variations of this whatever works, pillows with different filling soft not stiff.  There are different comfort zones for each of us to keep in mind. I also use a neck pillow to keep my neck cradled. It's basically a balance to maintain the position needed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.