Any tips on having self confidence while having to deal with HS in high school?

Posted , 4 users are following.

my name is debbie and i have HS. Unlike most other people my HS started and a very young age . I don’t quite remember the exact age it started but I am only 16 now and have had it for years . I get flareups in my groin area . most of the time they appear about the size of a big pebble but once in a while i get the painful golf shaped ones. I am pretty sure my mom has it as well because when I first started getting boils she knew exactly what they were and said she gets them sometimes to . nowadays she never talks about it . I believe that was passed to me from her and others in my family may have it too but it’s never talked about . I FEEL SO ALONE

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that hun Ive also suffered from HS since being a teenager and I remember feeling so alone and not telling anyone about it for years! In my case I felt a weight lift when I began to open up about it, I spoke to my friends and actuallt found out that two of them had it theirselves. I used to get so upset about how they look but since speaking to people I realise its just me that thinks they are horrific and others barely even notice and dont care! Dont ever feel alone theres so many of us struggling with it

• Posted

Hi Debbie,

I remember getting my first boil at age 12. I know what its like to suffer alone and in silence, like yourself. My mom used to get one or two here and there, but nothing like what I would suffer from. I'm 25 now and still suffer from it. But as you get older, you learn how to better deal with it. This forum has so many fantastic stories and so much advice from others who are going through exactly what you are. My main suggestions will always be to limit your sugar intake, and be kind to yourself! You will find how much easier it is to be alive when you have your own self in your corner!! Its gonna be hard but having HS doesnt have to ruin your life! You're not alone here at all!!

• Posted

im also 16 and i have it too. since a very young age. i have a flare up right now and its extremely painful. just know you're not alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.