Any tips that help with pain and stiffness that are "home Remedies?"

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just curious what works for you.  I've been on Humira for 2 month now and I feel much worse.  I'm staying on it for 1 month more only, then I quite.  I want to move on with other possibilities (are there any?) so I'm not crippled sooner that I have to be.  I'm going to school , but I can only take 1 class in person and 1 class online because I can't sit in a desk in back to back classes because it's torture.  My disease has progressed so quickly. 2 years ago I was going to the gym 3 x a week.  I cant exercise now and quit the gym .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

In what way "worse"? I am about to be put onto Biologics too, so curious.

• Posted

Oh, hey Ridley - I really can't say that the Humira adversely affected my AS, and I can honestly say that in the 2 months I've been on it, I haven't had any side effects.  That being said, I have gotten ZERO benefits from using it.  I feel super-tired all the time, my body hurts so much, and although I am 56 years old, im trying to get a degree at school.  Now, from all I have read, approximately 50% of Humira users report remarkeable results. I don't know, and neither do you... that could be you!  You have to try it, we have no choice!  I would love to change my diet as well

• Posted

I've also been on it for 2 months, feeling a very slight improvement (only in my neck mobility) and still have almost daily flair ups in my hands and feet. I'm even more concerned because I have gained at least 15 lbs which is bizarre because I work out daily and haven't changed my eating habits.  When I went gluten free (before going on medication - I was formerly on Arava which worked great but then I experienced major side effects and had to give it up) I saw some seriously amazing results.  I may try going back to trying to control the pain with diet but it's very hard when you have experienced a drug that actually works (Arava).  Humira is not that drug and with the puffiness, weight gain and mixed results, I'm also getting really depressed. (yay)  Good luck but I'm going to get off of Humira and try taking control of my body again.  I don't think this is for everyone...

• Posted

Now that you mention it, I forgot to say that I am definitely more depressed since taking Humira, and also having frequent hot flashes day and night.  I don't have flair ups because the pain never wanes.  I took indomethacin (an anti-immflamatory) that took 90% of my pain away, but the side effects were so bad-that I decided the pain was a better choice.  Still is, but if all I get for giving myself shots of Humira is depression... no thanks.  I'm seeing my md on the 15th so I'll see what they recommend for an alternative.  You say you stopped gluten? That help?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.