Any treatment advice from someone who was cured?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone find any treatments that

Worked?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi i have been going to a chiropractor and it has so far stop that awful nerve pain he uses his hands to locate joints .

It's expensive but we'll worth trying if you are in so much pain like I was .

Chiropractors refer to the technique as an adjustment.

An adjustment is the manipulation of one or more dysfunctional spinal or extremity joints.

Try it it might work for you.

• Posted

Just read your post & I am interested in what pain the chiropractor treated, was it sciatic leg pain, if so was it just one leg or both ? & is it due to lumber Stenosis ? 

• Posted

I found that hyperextensions provide quick relief, YouTube is good for advice on this. I was cured with physio but mostly just time for my muscles to adapt. I had one recent relapse and exercise seems to really help; the cross trainer at the gym is low impact (running made symptoms worse!) combined with hamstring stretches it worked really well. 
  • Posted

Hi,  I am not sure there is a cure for sciatica pain.    In 2008 after about 3 years of chronic increasingly painful sciatica pain,  causing me to not be able to walk I had spinal surgery,  decompression and fusion.    After recovery I had 81/2 years wonderfully pain free.  My surgeon did tell me that as the disease (arthritis) was still active he could not say how long this pain free status would last.  About a year ago the pain started returning,  and is now a constant again, especially if I do any walking.  If I do little walking then the pain is about a 2 or 3 and I can cope with it.  However if I try to walk,  ie grocery shop etc.  the pain increases to about a 7.   It is not yet back to the leval it was prior to my surgery, and I am hoping that it does not get there for awhile.  I know have a scooter I use if I want to go out for walks with family and limit my walking.    It is a struggle to adapt and loose your independence but it would seem that you have to adapt and cope with it and we each have to do what is best for us.   I am 70 years old.  Other than the sciatica I am in fairly good health.

Best of luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.