Any views on soluble tablet for Alendronic Acid?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Does anyone know whether the effervescent 70mg Binosto soluble tablet for Alendronic Acid 70mg has any additional side effects over and above taking the 70mg pill? Obviously you would be swallowing the acid without the protection of any pill coating.

Thanks for any replies.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It includes a buffering agent.  Private messaging you an interesting link.
  • Posted

Hi, thank you for the reply and link.

The side effects data table is the same as for the 70mg pills, what I’m concerned about (in addition to the HORRENDOUS list of side effects) is whether it’s going to be even worse taking the dissolved effervescent solution – extra problems for jaw / teeth / mouth / oesophagus?

Anyone else taking the solution?

Still frightened about taking Alendronic Acid at all. Spoke to NOS who pretty much told me to take it!

Thanks for any replies.

• Posted

The first couple of times I took the pill I experienced achy teeth and joints for a couple of days but I seem to be OK with them now. My biggest problem was with the Calcium tablets which made me delusional and unable to sit still. Once I changed to the chewable ones I was fine. One of the side effects listed was 'confusion' which I had in spades. Really don't understand how two similar tablets can cause such differing effects?

• Posted

Yes, it is strange how we can have a reaction to somethings and not others even if they are almost identical. I took AA for a couple of months but was very sleepy the day I took it. I changed to Risedronate and was fine. Perhaps, if I had continued with AA for a few more weeks I would not have had the sleepiness. Who knows!! We are all different and people can react to natural or chemical, topical or systemic. I react to mosiquitos ( natural) and General anaesthetics

( chemical) both, violently, whereas many people have no reactions to these things. Hope all goes well for you

• Posted

HI jay can I ask if there is a particular reason you are considering this rather than the more convienient tablet form.? Medical reasons, for example. Swallowing pills. No need to disclose if you prefere not to, but I am interested
  • Posted

Yes, tablets would be ‘more convenient’ if they were small enough to swallow… smile

Anyone using the effervescent solution? Did you have a sore throat / pharynx / mouth / lips?

Thanks for any replies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.