Any work out there?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I hope I'm on the road to recovery, even though I have along way to go yet. I've applied for benefits seven months ago and still waiting. I NEED desperately to earn some money. But I can't find any work to do at home. I've tried surveys, but it takes so long to get any sort of money. I could do without the added stress of being on the poverty line. Any ideas would be grateful.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am in the same shoes. Husband and I both chronically ill for years and we have 2 young children. Friends and family could only do so much, and we wound up living with my in-laws. Thank goodness we still have a home. We started our own businesses and the going is tough. But this may be one option to think about, at least to make some small cash. I sell custom art on Etsy and my husband launched a tech startup. We do almost all our business online so we can work from home. 

Hang in there!

• Posted

That sounds like hard work for you two. I know, it's supposed to be a proper illness and yet you cant get any financial help.

• Posted

That's a very good question. I'm in the same position. Lost my home and had to move in with my folks. Have been here for 4 years and still no disability approval. I'm on my 3rd or 4th appeal... I lost count. Ha! Anyway, I do have a very part time job with the church I worked for. They allow me to still do the monthly newsletter from my home which brings in a tiny bit of income. The other thing I do is drive around on garbage day before the trucks pick up everything. In my neighborhood you can toss anything out. Tho they don't take electronics, people still throw them out hoping someone will take them. I always find something I can post on ebay so I have my own little ebay business. I also check and see if I can sell stuff left over from church rummage sales and we split the profit. 

• Posted

My husband works all the hours under the sun,and I'm just worried he's doing to much,I feel guilty that I cant get any financial help. I didn't want or ask for this illness.

• Posted

I know. I feel guilty that I can't be more helpful to my parents. We can only do what we can do. Sometimes you can find something like a gig here and there on Craigslist. I've seen some ads that look for people who can do phone mystery shopping. If you look on the internet they have several companies that need telephone mystery shoppers. i think it's just a few hours a week. 

• Posted

Can you do short term temp jobs? If I was in your position and needed the money, I'd do a 1 week temp job, which would give me a money boost and then I could rest after the week for a bit.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. But even though I'm feeling a little better. I couldn't work a whole day. I still have trouble with the physical stuff,but thanks anyway

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.