Anybody beat kyphosis without surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone! I have mild scoliosis and kyphosis. Over a year now I've been having big pain due to the curved spine, so I tried two times to do something about it or things will get worse as doctors say... Unfortunately I gave up... I did swimming, also stretche, trying to walk with straight back and sometimes sleeping without pillow. I had big pain in my upper back and the neck. I couldn't stand it and I didn't have the courage to continue. I knew it would take months to see results if there were any.. Because I am always pessimistic, I don't believe that after many years being kyphotic my spine could be straight again. So my question is has anybody had success straightening his back without surgery and if yes what was the key to success?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I did not straighten my spine, but I did get amazing pain relief by practicing Bikram Yoga. I have a short leg and developed a compensatory curve in my tailbone. I could barely walk, and my spine dr. told me more surgery (I had the top done in childhood) or a narcotic pump were my only options. Instead, I began practicing Bikram Yoga. The pain went away after my first 5 classes, and it has stayed away for over 5 years, as long as I practice at least 1-2 times per week.

• Posted

Hi Margaret, thanks for the answer! This kind of yoga is hard to find where I live but I know yoga practice helps many people
  • Posted

I have today opted to go on the waiting list for surgery. I belueve it can be achieved using methods, but you would need to be dedicated and consistent for a long period of time, for me the commitment it would take is not really possible between work and a family. I hope you find a way to achieve this. It has taken a long decision. Hopefully we will both find the results we want smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.