anybody else feel like ----on ramipril

Posted , 4 users are following.

Only been on these for a week........didnt feel too bad at start but feel rotten now. Nausea is the worst. Comes in waves its like morning sickness all over again...dont feel like im myself in general dizzy aswell...feel like its an effort to even speak.....feel I need to stick with them a bit longer dont want the doctor to think im being a bit manic .

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes been there. We are all different so you will no doubt have to give it a bit of time to see if  the symptoms go away. But beware, if you start to feel that they are getting you ready to sit in the corner of an old folks home and keep quiet and plain walls start to be interesting, its not you, its the Ramipril.
  • Posted

Claire - I recently tried Ramipril for the second time after being taken off it some years ago very quickly following what appeared to be an adverse reaction.  May have been a coincidence but I vowed never to take it again.  However, recently, to please my consultant, who told me it would be protective for my sole reduced functioning kidney, I agreed to try it again.  Stuck it for a month but, like you, had bouts of nausea, off my food and generally felt below par.  I felt quite disturbed yesterday when reading an article in the press about the number of hospital patients dying from kidney disease mainly caused by dehydration, with the Professor involved going on to say that among other causes of kidney failure in hospital was Ace Inhibitors.  I hope you find that you settle on it but, if not, do ask for a change to one that suits you. 
    • Posted

So sorry to hear you are anxious also......can understand why in your circumstances but surely your gp should know whats in your best interest......I am hoping I settle ok with these....high blood pressure thing came out of the blue for me...I know its not the end of the world but im only 41..... thought id be too young to have that....well heres hoping it all goes well.... all the best for you also. X
  • Posted

Been there and had to stop because my symptons were that it made all my bones ache and I could hardly walk. After 10 minutes I was in agony. As soon as I stopped they disappeared.  This drug may help but it certainly has a lot of side effects.
    • Posted

Pamela.......I feel like my muscles are heavy in my arms and legs......was at work and stretched my arms up to reach something on a shelf and thought I ws going to faint. Was like blood rushing to my head , felt kinda sick........if I lift my arms to high I get this feeling.....giving it another week or so before I chuck in the towel lol. 
  • Posted

I didn't realise there were so many side effects with Ramipril.  I had just the cough and that was bad enough. A change to Losartan though and it disappeared.
    • Posted

Jane - I'm on Losartan Potassium 50 now, together with Diltiazem.  Slightly high creatinine levels from the former and swollen ankles from the latter....otherwise ok!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.