Skip to content

Ramipril

All discussions in this group

Next
  • renee89806 2

Week 3 of Ramipril !

Week 1 I saw dramatic decreases in my blood pressure down to 126/80 (single dose) Week 2 bp down to 113-120/79! (Double dose started Week 3 BP seems to be flatlining at 130-148 so is actually increasing Has anyone experienced this?? Also - side effects I'm experiencing are night sweats, dull...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • heather 72097 2
  • Poshfrock 1

Reaction to Ramipril

Help! I had to go into hospital on Dec 2nd after a bout of chest pain in Nov. The angiogram showed normal arteries, but that i had \"BROKEN HEART SYNDROME\"following big sadness the day before.The MRI scan showed slight swelling of part of the heart, they gave overall diagnosos of myocarditis....

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Ramipril cough

Have been on Ramipril now for about 5 months and the only side effects I have noticed is that damed cough and a very dry mouth especially overnight. The cough isn't all the time but once it starts with a dry tickle at the back of your throat it can be quite a vigorous bout of coughing. This sometimes...

83 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • dawn01953 1

Ramipril

I been on ramipril for 2 weeks the low dose and got Constance spasm in my lower back Has anyone else suffered this

• lynnetteruth 2

Ramipril Issues

I was prescribed 2.5mg per day of this drug and took it for two weeks in which time my hair started badly falling out and I was pretty constantly in the loo needing a wee. I then stopped the medication a week ago and am seeing my doctor on Tuesday (earliest appointment) but have been feeling dizzy and...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • robert99984 1

Ramipril

Hi - just joined today after searching for side effects of Ramipril. I have got to the stage where I probably need councilling for constant anxiety over symptoms that I have had for months.  I am also on a low dose of citalpram for anxiety.   My anxiosness is caused by fear of something seriously wrong...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • DCCDave 2

Ramapril and High BP

I have been using Ramipril for several months now and have gone through all of the usual side effects. My BP currently varies between 110/55 up to 195/95. For the past 6 months my GP's have been conducting trials having been taken off Bendrofloumethiazide.  I am taking 10mg at 2200 every night and the...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sue 63828 2
  • sharon53787 2

Reduced dose

Hi. Has anyone reduced their dose of ramipril from 2.5mg to 1.25mg and had any withdrawal symptoms.

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • teresa25038 2

Side effects of ramipril

I have been on ramipril for 18 months I have hypothyroidism and was told need to reduce my thyroxine which then created high blood pressure. The side effects of ramipril was really painful itchy hands and stomache issues and incredibly low blood pressure causing dizziness . My thyroid also stopped working....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Guest M
  • linda45310 1

Tired and headache with rampril

My dad who is 80 is on 5mg of rampril for high bp but is getting headache and tired all the time, doc has told him to go onto 10mg of rampril, but I am not sure if he should as if these are the side effects on 5mg will they be worse on 10 mg

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Alexandra123 3

Ramipril

Have been taking Ramiprol 5mg for 3yrs and have been fine.  Recently had the dose upped to 10mg and can't keep awake.  Well -not quite true but am sleeping  much more than normal - dozing off during the afternoons as well as sleeping about 10 hours at night and feel quite floaty.  Has anyone else suffered...

• GBTravel 1

How long does this go on...?

I have been on Ramipril for just 10 days and I am so tired. My eyes look like I have not slept for a week, (although I do sleep OK). My GP did not mention any side effects and I only discovered this when I Googled it. So......How long does this go on? Will I ever start to feel 'normal' again? I will...

• stephanie74755 1

Tired, yawning, feeling cold and dizzy

My GP increased my dose from 5 to 10mg a few weeks ago. I started to feel tired, now exhausted and dizzy. No side effects from Ramipril over the last few years on 5 mg dose. Think I need to get it reviewed. Can't really function like this.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Simon H 1

Ramipril joint pain side effect

I have been taking Ramipril 10mg for a few months now. I have experienced the tickly cough, but not often so thats ok, the one problem I'm worried by is joint pain. I went from 5mg to 7.5mg to 10mg it has been whilst I have been on this higher dose that my arm joint to my shoulder have started to...

44 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ally26070 2

How long does it take for Rampirol to reduce BP?

Hi every one I've just joined the group ,as now on Rampirol. Just had the dose increased from 1.25 to 2.5 I'm so tired I could cry , my elbows knees and fingers hurt and I'm Reading this is common !! I'm Also on altorvastatin . When did you see any continual change/ reduction in your BP? And if my...

• Tinkestral 1

Ramipril

Hi all, Hope every one is well.. I have been on ramipril for almost 4 years. Started on a low dose and have been on 10mg since. About six months ago i started experiencing strange sensations off falling feeling and as though i was walking round with concrete boots on. I have thought about everything...

• heathfield55 2

Want to come off ramipril

I have been taking ramipril 5mg for about five years now and am really unsure wether they are benfitting my blood pressure and whether they are giving me side effects. I am 59 years old, retired, slim build and very active (cycling,swimming etc) but previously my diet was not great.. About a month ago...

27 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • heather 72097 2

Ramapril

I have just started getting joint pain and insomnia and am on 2.5 Ramapril. Been on them for 3 years but these are new side effects. I have just been told that it depends on which chemist you get them from. Anybody had this experience?

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

side effects of taking ramipril

Having taken ramipril for several months now, I find that having a sore throat has now become a sore mouth,besides the annoying cough.also veins in my legs appear to be bursting, and red spots almost like blood blister are apperaing anywhere on my body, has anyone else experienced these effects

31 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • heather 72097 2

Insomnia

Find it difficult sleeping and sore upper arm joints. Could this be the 2.5 Ramapril?

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • matts mum 1

Ramipril side effects that dreadful cough

have been taking Ramipril for 3 months now and at first didnt link the dreadful cough with this drug until I researched it on the web. I have developed a dreadful dry tickly cough which starts at the back of the throat and immediately starts to make my eyes water. The coughing then starts to go into...

32 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • heather 72097 2

Raised Blood Glucose

Has anyone found that their blood glucose has been raised due to taking Ramapril? Been on it two and a held years and just discovered my blood glucose is raised 6.6. GP going to double my tablet (on 2.5 at the minute). Not sure if I really want this without finding out a bit more. Any help greatly appreciated.

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kevin87783 2

Ramipril and vision problems

Hello Has anybody suffered vision problmes when taking Ramiril? I am 56yrs old, diagnosed stable angina but elected to have a stent fitted last year. Im on asprin, clopidogril, ramipril and statin. I was raised up to 10mg Ramipril and since then I have suffered severe eye pain in my left eye, headaches...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • thomas527 1

Ramipril: Depression, Anxiety, Chronic fatigue, Muscle weakness

Hi all,     56 y/o/m with the above symptoms. Chronic Fatigue, Muscle weekness, some mild joint and back pain. Most recently Depression and Anxiety have been heightened to a point where I have had to miss work. I just "couldn't do my life" today. Near as I can trace back, the symptoms started shortly...

14 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • Grey 1

V Loud Tinitus

Hi I have recently started with V loud Tinnitus, quite frankly driving me mad. I have had it for many years in a bearable mild form, being mostly able to live normally and just ignore it. So I'm on a mission to try and weed out anything that may contribute, including a long list of what are commonly...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jobooth 1

Ramipril for 1 week side effdct

I have been taking ramipril 5mg for 1 week for hypertension cause unknown. Age 35. Last night I took and felt dizzy, slept and woke up with awful headache couldn't talk properly, no strength to move and slept all day finding it hard to wake. Had telephone app with doc said bug and not ramipril but...

• paul64554 1

Lowering BP

Hi all, First time poster on here, just want a bit of advice. New with high BP. Male 41 yrs old. Active in the gym, running and biking with a average BP of 145/93. Dr put me on amlodipine first but the sides were horrible. Been put on ramipril 2.5mg a day been on these 2 days and my BP went down...

• jc217 1

Coming off ramipril

Hi I have been taking 5mg ramipril / 5 mg Amlodipine for H Bp for approx 5 years. In past year have experienced ED, and now osteoarthitus in hip quite bad. Am 51 so trying to avoid hip replacement for few years.  Been looking at side effects of Ramipril, my BP approx 125 / 75 so thing reducing and then...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • jan39642 1

Side effect of ramipril - difficulty taking deep breaths

My GP has taken me off ramipril and I am wondering if this difficulty in taking deep breaths has troubled anyone else.   It is not on exertion so GP does not seem to think it is a really serious problem, but she did mention angina!       In some ways it feels like an anxiety attack even though I feel...

• may01869 2

Depressed when Ramipril gonna work with my BP lower

Hello I am just new in here wanna ask if how many weeks does this meds works? Been taking Ramipril 2.5 mg. For almost 2 weeks my BP still a bit high like 160/100. Does anyone in here had that experience like bad dairhead? Clamy and dizzy.

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rodker 1

Mum 91 with dementia

My mum has been prescibed 1.25mg yesterday - warnings alert fluresomide water tablet and rhumatoid athriritis - she has both - it has been prescibed for spasmodic high blood pressure our mum has never really suffered with she has stand alone AF and may be sufferign with a chest infection igniored and...

• sylmos1 2

Feeling better after 8 days off ramipril

took myself off rampiril after having many symptoms with using it for the last 7 months. Coughing, unable to breath, white frothy mucus, feeling ill all the time due to a chests infection. Unable to sleep through the night. Last 5 days starting to feel better, but not taking any Blood. pressure Meds....

Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.