Skip to content

Ramipril

All discussions in this group

Next
  • linda45310 1

Tired and headache with rampril

My dad who is 80 is on 5mg of rampril for high bp but is getting headache and tired all the time, doc has told him to go onto 10mg of rampril, but I am not sure if he should as if these are the side effects on 5mg will they be worse on 10 mg

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • Alexandra123 3

Ramipril

Have been taking Ramiprol 5mg for 3yrs and have been fine.  Recently had the dose upped to 10mg and can't keep awake.  Well -not quite true but am sleeping  much more than normal - dozing off during the afternoons as well as sleeping about 10 hours at night and feel quite floaty.  Has anyone else

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • GBTravel 1

How long does this go on...?

I have been on Ramipril for just 10 days and I am so tired. My eyes look like I have not slept for a week, (although I do sleep OK). My GP did not mention any side effects and I only discovered this when I Googled it. long does this go on? Will I ever start to feel 'normal' again? I

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • stephanie74755 1

Tired, yawning, feeling cold and dizzy

My GP increased my dose from 5 to 10mg a few weeks ago. I started to feel tired, now exhausted and dizzy. No side effects from Ramipril over the last few years on 5 mg dose. Think I need to get it reviewed. Can't really function like this.

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Simon H 1

Ramipril joint pain side effect

I have been taking Ramipril 10mg for a few months now. I have experienced the tickly cough, but not often so thats ok, the one problem I'm worried by is joint pain. I went from 5mg to 7.5mg to 10mg it has been whilst I have been on this higher dose that my arm joint to my shoulder have started

44 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ally26070 1

How long does it take for Rampirol to reduce BP?

Hi every one I've just joined the group ,as now on Rampirol. Just had the dose increased from 1.25 to 2.5 I'm so tired I could cry , my elbows knees and fingers hurt and I'm Reading this is common !! I'm Also on altorvastatin . When did you see any continual change/ reduction in your BP? And if

• Tinkestral 1

Ramipril

Hi all, Hope every one is well.. I have been on ramipril for almost 4 years. Started on a low dose and have been on 10mg since. About six months ago i started experiencing strange sensations off falling feeling and as though i was walking round with concrete boots on. I have thought about

• heathfield55 2

Want to come off ramipril

I have been taking ramipril 5mg for about five years now and am really unsure wether they are benfitting my blood pressure and whether they are giving me side effects. I am 59 years old, retired, slim build and very active (cycling,swimming etc) but previously my diet was not great.. About a month

27 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • heather 72097 2

Ramapril

I have just started getting joint pain and insomnia and am on 2.5 Ramapril. Been on them for 3 years but these are new side effects. I have just been told that it depends on which chemist you get them from. Anybody had this experience?

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • DCCDave 2

Ramapril and High BP

I have been using Ramipril for several months now and have gone through all of the usual side effects. My BP currently varies between 110/55 up to 195/95. For the past 6 months my GP's have been conducting trials having been taken off Bendrofloumethiazide.  I am taking 10mg at 2200 every night and

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

side effects of taking ramipril

Having taken ramipril for several months now, I find that having a sore throat has now become a sore mouth,besides the annoying veins in my legs appear to be bursting, and red spots almost like blood blister are apperaing anywhere on my body, has anyone else experienced these effects

31 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • heather 72097 2

Insomnia

Find it difficult sleeping and sore upper arm joints. Could this be the 2.5 Ramapril?

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • matts mum 1

Ramipril side effects that dreadful cough

have been taking Ramipril for 3 months now and at first didnt link the dreadful cough with this drug until I researched it on the web. I have developed a dreadful dry tickly cough which starts at the back of the throat and immediately starts to make my eyes water. The coughing then starts to go

32 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • heather 72097 2

Raised Blood Glucose

Has anyone found that their blood glucose has been raised due to taking Ramapril? Been on it two and a held years and just discovered my blood glucose is raised 6.6. GP going to double my tablet (on 2.5 at the minute). Not sure if I really want this without finding out a bit more. Any help greatly appreciated.

14 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kevin87783 1

Ramipril and vision problems

Hello Has anybody suffered vision problmes when taking Ramiril? I am 56yrs old, diagnosed stable angina but elected to have a stent fitted last year. Im on asprin, clopidogril, ramipril and statin. I was raised up to 10mg Ramipril and since then I have suffered severe eye pain in my left eye,

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • thomas527 1

Ramipril: Depression, Anxiety, Chronic fatigue, Muscle weakness

Hi all,     56 y/o/m with the above symptoms. Chronic Fatigue, Muscle weekness, some mild joint and back pain. Most recently Depression and Anxiety have been heightened to a point where I have had to miss work. I just "couldn't do my life" today. Near as I can trace back, the symptoms started 

14 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • Grey 1

V Loud Tinitus

Hi I have recently started with V loud Tinnitus, quite frankly driving me mad. I have had it for many years in a bearable mild form, being mostly able to live normally and just ignore it. So I'm on a mission to try and weed out anything that may contribute, including a long list of what are

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Ramipril cough

Have been on Ramipril now for about 5 months and the only side effects I have noticed is that damed cough and a very dry mouth especially overnight. The cough isn't all the time but once it starts with a dry tickle at the back of your throat it can be quite a vigorous bout of coughing. This

81 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • jobooth 1

Ramipril for 1 week side effdct

I have been taking ramipril 5mg for 1 week for hypertension cause unknown. Age 35. Last night I took and felt dizzy, slept and woke up with awful headache couldn't talk properly, no strength to move and slept all day finding it hard to wake. Had telephone app with doc said bug and not ramipril

• paul64554 1

Lowering BP

Hi all, First time poster on here, just want a bit of advice. New with high BP. Male 41 yrs old. Active in the gym, running and biking with a average BP of 145/93. Dr put me on amlodipine first but the sides were horrible. Been put on ramipril 2.5mg a day been on these 2 days and my BP went

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • jc217 1

Coming off ramipril

Hi I have been taking 5mg ramipril / 5 mg Amlodipine for H Bp for approx 5 years. In past year have experienced ED, and now osteoarthitus in hip quite bad. Am 51 so trying to avoid hip replacement for few years.  Been looking at side effects of Ramipril, my BP approx 125 / 75 so thing reducing and

• jan39642 1

Side effect of ramipril - difficulty taking deep breaths

My GP has taken me off ramipril and I am wondering if this difficulty in taking deep breaths has troubled anyone else.   It is not on exertion so GP does not seem to think it is a really serious problem, but she did mention angina!       In some ways it feels like an anxiety attack even though I

• may01869 2

Depressed when Ramipril gonna work with my BP lower

Hello I am just new in here wanna ask if how many weeks does this meds works? Been taking Ramipril 2.5 mg. For almost 2 weeks my BP still a bit high like 160/100. Does anyone in here had that experience like bad dairhead? Clamy and dizzy.

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rodker 1

Mum 91 with dementia

My mum has been prescibed 1.25mg yesterday - warnings alert fluresomide water tablet and rhumatoid athriritis - she has both - it has been prescibed for spasmodic high blood pressure our mum has never really suffered with she has stand alone AF and may be sufferign with a chest infection igniored

• sylmos1 2

Feeling better after 8 days off ramipril

took myself off rampiril after having many symptoms with using it for the last 7 months. Coughing, unable to breath, white frothy mucus, feeling ill all the time due to a chests infection. Unable to sleep through the night. Last 5 days starting to feel better, but not taking any Blood. pressure

• Tigra 1

Ramapril and joint pain

I am a 61 year old woman who has been taking Ramapril for 7 or 8 years. I have terrible joint & muscle pain, especially fingers, arms, knees & feet. Does anyone else have similar problems?

32 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • m m12943 1

Marky

I've been on Ramprill 10mg for years, started coughing about 6 months ok. Had all the tests like chest X-rays but all results are good. We started to think it was asthma but test was good again. Now As took me off Ramprill and said that can make you cough but I've been on it for years,

• Guest M

Ramipril Nightmares

I have been taking Ramipri 5mg just before a get into bed. i have been on this since April 2009 Most nights I have dreams during some of this I lash out or hit my wife while I am still a sleep. has anyone else had this problem

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sue 63828 2

Hi got tickled cough

hi been on Rampiril fo several months now . Started off on low dose now on 10 ml a day . But I'm sure they are the cause of me feeling so tired . Anxious I feel out of it . Not in the real world like a zombie . It's so scary like I'm gonna loose control ?? But on top of that is memory problems . I'

• crypticcurls 1

Has anyone had a cough with Losartan as well as Ramipril?

Having been on ramipril for a year, I developed a dreadful cough - so bad it felt as though my throat was swelling up and choking me so I was 'gulping' for breath and somtimes retching. After a few weeks I went to my GP who said it was a post viral sensitivity cough (I had just had a viral upper

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • freestork 3

BP monitor - Ramipril

Hi my BP has been high for a while now. Am under the hospital for SVT the hospital doc has requested a 24hr BP monitor and 7 day event for heart but a monitor not available until end June. My GP does not want to wait and has put me on Ramipril. Is there any mileage in still doing the 24hr monitor?

• ambonebas 1

Ramiprli side effects

Because of high blood pressure I've been on 2.5 mg Ramipril for some time. BP still little high so GP increased dose to 5.0 mg. Then had constipation and bad back pain. Leaflet listed these as possible side effects. My problems maybe due to some other cause. Anyone else had these side effects from Ramipril ...

5 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Paulyboy 1

Feeling unwell whilst flying

I am a frequent flyer (passenger) and do not normally suffer from side effects, however, on two occasions shortly after take off have become unwell and needed to lay on the floor for most of the flight. The cabin crew thought that the cause may be that we were flying 8,000 ft higher than normal (at 38000ft)...

• marylebone 1

Ramipril and dizziness

My elderly husband has taken ramipril 5.0mg for many years with apparently no or minimal side effects. But over the last two years he has suffered increasingly from dizziness in the morning. I think he also coughs a great deal more than he ever did. I've been measuring his blood pressure

• jimmib22 1
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions