Ramipril & Coronoavirus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been taking Ramipril for high BP for a number of years, and have just read that I am now likely to be at increased risk of developing a severe/fatal reaction to this coronavirus. It would seem, that this is to do with how my cells have changed due to Ramipril usage, enabling the virus to enter and infect the cells more easily. If I stop taking Ramipril, how long would it take until my cells have reverted back to normal, thus making it less easy for the virus to invade the cells and ultimately me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

For any users concerned about the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation please see our advice hub on this page. This hub contains regularly updated information on a variety of subjects and is updated as the situation or advice changes.

Our coronavirus checker tool is here

Regards,

Patient

• Posted

Yes I have seen that thanks. I have discussed this with my GP, and due to the uncertainty he does recommend I stop taking them and monitor my BP at home. I wanted advise on how long my cells will take to revert back, my GP seems to think after 6 to 7 days.... which is when I should be less at risk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.