RAMIPRIL 2.5MG AND ALLERGIC REACTION TO DIFFERENT BRANDS?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there all,

I am looking for information on anyone who has been prescribed TRITACE-Ramipril 2.5mg and been fine with NO side effects or reactions but however, when the Ramipril is changed to different brands, then have side effects or allergic reactions...

thankyou

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I believe it's possible to have an allergic reaction..perhaps not to the medicine itself, but the fillers. Here in Canada, it is said by pharmacists, etc...that even the generic brands have exactly the same medicinal ingredients as the brand name. If that were true, then why are the generics so much cheaper??? I for one, do not believe the theory they are the same. How is it that some people have no difficulty whatsoever with a brand name, yet when given the generic, they're sick. Some doctors have said people could very well have an allergic reaction or just a simple reaction to the fillers that go into the generic brands.

Think of it this way...we have different classes of bp meds...We have ACE's (Ace Inhibitors), CCB's (Calcium Channel Blockers), ARB's (sorry don't know the name), etc.etc.

We have Perindiopril., Elanopril, Rampiril.. in the ACE classification..One product may be fine for some, but not others. Some have no problems with say, Perindopril, but do have a problem with Elanopril.

Bottom line here, as I mentioned earlier, I think it possible you could have a reaction to the meds you are taking, BUT it could be the fillers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.