DOES ANYONE TAKE 10mg RAMAPRIL TO PROTECT THEIR KIDNEYS

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been taking Ramapril for about 1 yr now and was told by my Doctor it is to protect my kidneys as i previously did a yearly diabetes check which the urine test was slightly abnormal and doctor said kidneys were a little leaky. I was very reluctant to take them and still am as i am unsure if they can cause damage to kidneys. i do get occasional slight pain around both sides to where the kidneys are and i have mentioned it to my doctor but she has told me that my kidney blood test is fine and nothing to worry about

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.