Sudden increased frequency of migraines.From age of 15 maybe one a year Now 72 suddenly 6 in month

Posted , 1 user is following.

i read alot of medical articles mainly on leading sites like Harvard Medical or NIH and think my recent medications are predisposing to more migraines .Ive also identified my main trigger for a migraine is very shallow breathing .( i have even stopped a threatened onset with very deep breathing ) The increased frequency to maybe 3 a year started when i went on very low doses of Noten 25 mg beta blocker ) : Tritace 5 mg ( ACE inhibitor) .40 mg of Lipitor ( chloresterol inhibitor ) . .

i am a fit underweight male with minor heart plaque 30% blockage .I am very sensitive to medication .My blood pressure is very volatile and was averaging 135over 85 but with medication n its now av 128 over 65 .If I stop medication it creeps back up so I dont want to stop medication.

Id love to hear if anyone else has experience of the follwing increasing migraine frequency

(1) Oxygen deprivation

(2) Tritace or Liptor

(3) Beta blockers ( even though doctors say they are used to decrease frequency they play around with GABA the natural hormone that calms neural excitability -needed for " fright /flight response" )

(3) Nasonex ( nasal spray for hayfever containing steroids that I wonder may reduce the calming role of GABA

thanks for reading this .

Steve

ps In case this helps you I can stop my major loss of vision progressing to the debilitating headaches with Two Mersyndol Forte taken as soon as my eyes start to go .( I carry the tablets all time)

I am so sorry for some of you who are crippled by Migraines -I know Im lucky but believe Knowledge is power and we can help doctors and scientists by sufferers testing/researching via google our suspicions / hunches / therories / experiences .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.