Ramipril!!!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi there

Is there anyone out there who took Ramipril and had bad side effects???

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Dear Linkyone,

If you read the forum on Ramipril you will find that quite a number of people have experienced different side effects. Unfortunately as you know any medication will have side effects although some are more serious than others. Sometimes it may take a little while for your body to adjust to a new medication and the effects can lessen. I hope you are not getting any bad side effects but I guess you have only come on this site because you are. If they are really bad then you should go back to your GP and suggest that they try you on another medication or if they are open minded they might even suggest some life style changes rather than medication which would obviously be an even better alternative. I hope you have an open minded GP.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi there yea iv been back and forth to my gp since xmas with my symptoms- coughing vomiting excess mucus etc. But only after researching myself i found out that ramipril can cause all these symptoms too. The symptoms have improved but not gone away completely - off Ramipril now 8days but still vomiting up clear mucus. How long will it take for the effects of the Ramipril to go away???
  • Posted

When I first had to start taking tablets for high blood pressure I was put on Ramipril.  After only a few days I was coughing my heart out.  Pharmacist told me to go back to doctors and they took me off these and I was put on Valsartan. Although Valsartan had side effects, including a slight cough, it was nowhere near as bad as Ramipril. 
    • Posted

I was on ramipril for 4 months and i developed horrendous side effects but i didnt realise at the time it was Ramipril causing the effects. I had a never ending cough, excess mucus and throw up all the time due to the mucus.

I have since stopped ramipril (6 days ago) cough easing and hardly sick now but still do the odd time. I wonder how long it will take till the side effects go completely???,

• Posted

Yes, me.

I had excruciating pains in both legs, nearly crippled me. I ditched the horrible things. 🤮

• Posted

How long after u stopped taking them did the horrible side effects go away??
    • Posted

I think it was about 1 week, then my legs went back to normal, went to the Doc and they said it wasn’t the pills, I knew it was,how’s how little they know,I Ali had the hacking cough. 
    • Posted

If one reads up about Ramipril , as I did yesterday , I note I should not be touching milk .... 

i have also devepoled Pulsatile tinnitus , has anyone suffered with this condition , ? I should be so glad of any tips or ides to get rid of it 

• Posted

I have been taking ramipril for a number of years.  I have been experincing anxiety, I was talking to a friend about and she said some bloodpressure tablets can cause it ramipril being one of them.  I came off them but while the anxiety has come down a little it is still there I would love it to go and never return. another friend said she had been taking raipril for a number of years and developed a dry cough when she realised it was ramipril she came off it.  The cough lasted for nine to ten months gone now but why did it take so long?      
  • Posted

I'm blaming ramipril which I've been on for a couple of years for increasingly bad skin rashes, itching and eczema. Going to try an alternative as also am convinced it's not helping sexual performance either. This is a known cumulative side effect which I only discovered through talking to a friend recently and then reading the patient leaflet! Will report back after a few weeks on the new meds

• Posted

Yes I’m on 10 mg daily ... have not felt “right “ since I’ve been on Ramipril , absolutely have NO energy  . I used to be a “doer” no more . My energy has been zapped . 

My complaint is there is no follow up after being prescribed the tablets , had to ask for an appointment to se a GP  .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.