Anybody had an elbow replacement?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I've had RA for about 5 years, and recently moved onto Rituximab which seems to be starting to work. The RA has, so far, only affected my elbows, and now they're both damaged to the extent that it's been suggested I have them replaced. Has anybody any experiences they can share? Thanks in anticipation. John

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I did not know that elbows can be replaced! Good luck with the procedure if you decide to do it.

• Posted

Hi i hope everything goes well with your surgery. Have faith you will

be fine.

• Posted

I have just joined the forum so hope you will still find my reply helpful. I have had RA for over 40 years, treatment has improved immensely in that time. I have had an elbow replacement a number of years ago and it has been really successful. I can't completely straighten my arm (I think the restriction is caused by shortening of muscles etc prior to surgery) but have good range of movement otherwise. I remember my surgeon put me in touch with another patient who had had the operation for a reassuring chat before I agreed to go ahead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.