Anybody had any reversal of fusing with bicarbonate soda?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi, I know some have had good results with Borax,  I know lots of you use bicarbonate soda in a spray after a toilet break. BUT has anyone had un-fusing with just bicarbonate soda?

I am worried about using Borax, as it's banned in the UK.

love this forum 😀

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Please could you explain the best way to use biacarbonated soda.
    • Posted

Well I'm new to

this all, the other ladies will be to advise you. But I've been putting 3 pinches in a spray bottle and spraying after every toilet break

• Posted

Yeah it is, I have been you can get big kg bags on eBay it you want to take baths in it😊

• Posted

Forgot to say thank you 😀

• Edited

My mind is reeling a bit from finding a few threads on this site and i think a few puzzle-pieces have clicked into place...so thank you and sorry if I am hijacking your thread!

I had a GP diagnosis of Lichen a couple of years ago following itching and white patches....given steroid cream and sent off...in retrospect I've had this for a very long time and think it was misdiagnosed as thrush and general 'run down' excuses from pretty much the time I became sexually active... anyway, sex has always been pretty unbearable because of the pain of tearing and general soreness 'around and about' afterwards and now I seem to be getting more and more anal fissures (thats a whole other anxiety meltdown but I'm seeing GO to review tgat anyway)...but I'm honestly thinking now it's all linked .... so I'm looking into the soda washes etc as a way to help the discomfort and hopefully reverse some of the very minor fusing...I'm also in the UK and am too twitchy to launch in with borax....so can I just ask a few questions about 'routines' etc?

Washing with a spritz spray after using the toilet each time...i saw the 3 pinches to a bottle ratio - but how big is the bottle? Then pay dry and apply emolient (I've been using epaderm fairly'ish regularly) or is coconut oil better or is it a 'no really difference down to preference' thing. Then apply steroid cream twice a day morning and evening (I'm in a flare up so am going back to start point) and then emolient/oil afterwards or is that overkill? Then baths every couple of days? I tend to use Epsom salts as they help with my anxiety but would soda baths be better from a Lichen perspective?

I'm almost certain you won't have all the answers - again sorry for hijacking - but looking for any advise really so anything you have would be fantastic.. K

• Posted

KW I use what is called a Perin bottle.  I got a few of these bottles via the hospital.  It has a handy nozzle for this purpose as well.  It says 240 cc on the edge.   I'm sure you will be able to buy them in a medical supply store as well. 

?Epsom salts may be just as good.  My experience is with baking soda. 

Adding moisturizing oil is certainly not overkill.  It helps to keep the layers apart, is my experience. 

?I take the baths every other day. (1/3 cup of baking soda in a full bath)  I also do borax baths, but alternate.  My body sometimes reacts to the stronger borax.  I find baking soda more gentle.  But realize that we're not all the same. 

• Posted

Thank you so much for such a quick and helpful response x
    • Posted

This sounds exactly like me. I was diagnosed in Oct 2019 with lichen sclerosus after problems since jan 2018. and i am currently in a flare and have been having bowel issues as well and fissures. and uretha is just beg to be a problem. just wondered how you were getting on with a routine and any tips you could give me.

• Posted

new to this group. just going through the threads. I realize this message is 3 yrs old, but if anyone still out there, how much borax in a full bath?? I have been using a tablespoon but I don't think it's enough. I'm trying to get my inner lips to unfuse. Thanks

• Posted

Hi Hanny,

Can you give me some information about how strong you make the solution for soaking and for washing?

Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.