Anybody had Vestibular Neuritis relapse?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anybody ever had a VN relapse as it seems i have after a year is it possible or have i just picked up another virus?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Statistics say 5% chance of relapse. How long has this event been going on for? Also, information I have read indicates a shorter duration on a relapse. How long did it take to recover first time? Was it a full recovery?

A poster on another thread indicates that she relapsed after 5 years.

• Posted

Never completely recovered after 1 year but now just constant lighthead and head preasure as soon as i get up like a band across the top of my head running down to base of neck ...............never felt so low in my life as i do right now
  • Posted

Steve

I am about 75% recovered after a 3 month course of VN. Had it 5 years ago as well. It lasted 2 years back then.

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie, did you get through your relapse?  Have you been ok since then?  Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi Sally

I relapsed after 5 years but the VN only last 4 months! I do have a permanent whooshing sound in the affected ear and occasional wonkiness that lasts a day or two.

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie!  Oh thank you for the reply and I am thrilled to hear you made progress!  I am sooooo happy for you and may you never get this again!!  I had VN 3 years ago and had full recovery after about 6 months and then relapsed in May/June after flu and a respiratory cold.  I have been in vrt through the summer and still struggling feeling dizziness, anxiety, focus and vision problem on that side but I felt like I might be at about 75 percent compensated.  You give me hope I might get through this....oh I hope! It is so hard dealing with all this again!!   Does your Dr. Think you have less chance of anymore relapses?   What was your trigger at 5 years? Thank you again it is so wonderful to message someone that understands!  Thank you again!!
    • Posted

Hi Sally

So sorry you relapsed but I am living proof that relapses are not as severe as the initial onset. Hang in there with VRT...it's the only thing that helped me!

Good luck with your recovery. I honestly think stress triggered the relapse but not sure.

Take care

Debbie

• Posted

Thank you, Debbie!  So brilliant connecting with you.  Take care of you.  
  • Posted

Hi steve, this is an older thread but did you ever get through the relapse with recovery?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.